Chapter 26

Discord link- https://discord.gg/NpNbhuZDU4

My twitter- https://twitter.com/bote_not_tbate?t=Mvo6H1RWASKov_BXL0Gwhg&s=09

Previously...

"That's not all." Eruhaben interjects. "He isn't just planning on taking Cale with him to hunt the Hunters." The Golden Dragon turned to look at Cale, daring him to lie. "He is planning to use Cale as a bait for the Hunters."

The silence in the hall is deafening. It's disturbing. Gashan, who was used to silence and had learnt how to understand it, tightened his grip on his staff and prayed to nature that this storm would fade soon.

Because he could sense that this silence could cause a lot of damage if it wasn't handled properly.

Thankfully, all the strong beings in this hall were very much fond of Cale Henituse and hence no one would be hurt.

It's a pity, then, that Cale was not able to see their affection and was sweating bullets as gazes demanding answers stabbed into him.

"Cale-nim." It's Choi Han who eventually decides to continue asking questions. "I hope you won't try to avoid answering us like you avoided telling us about the method to kill White Star. Please tell us if what Eruhaben-nim said is correct."

Cale flinched at the mention of the day he had to stab himself with the World Tree's root dagger. 'That bastard Sealed God. I should tell the God of Death to beat up that guy while he is stuck in the book. Fuck, why are all these vicious people glaring at me like this? I didn't even do anything!'

Cowering under the looks, Cale decided to be honest. If they found out that he had lied, then he might actually get beaten up. Besides, there's no point in lying. They will find out the truth soon.

"Eruhaben-nim is right. Choi Jung Gun was planning on using me as bait." Cale's answer immediately sharpens the atmosphere of the hall into something deadly.

Amidst all that deadly aura that surrounds Cale and almost gets the Dominating Aura working, Eruhaben calmly remains seated, dripping with draconic grace, and turns to look at the men of the Choi household. "I understand that Choi Jung Gun is your relative and you might feel differently about it, but I am going to hunt him down and kill him."

The dragon's words leave no question to be asked. As a dragon, he didn't have to inform them of his decision and, had the events of the previous years not happened, Eruhaben wouldn't even think of doing something this soft before going in for a fight.

But he recognised these people as his own. Just like Cale did. So he informed them about it. He still won't ask for their permission but he would let them make their peace with the knowledge that their family member will be killed in cold blood.

"Sure. I'll help you." Instead of trying to oppose, Choi Han happily joins hands with the dragon.

"Wha-? Choi Han, isn't Choi Jung Gun your uncle?" Cale is flabbergasted by what he was hearing. They wanted to kill Choi Jung Gun? Then who would hunt the Hunters?!

Ignorant to Cale's inner turmoil, Choi Han faces the redhead. "Cale-nim, I can't let someone who has tried to harm you go unharmed. Besides, I don't like Choi Jung Gun. The book he left behind at the Dragon Slayer village was crap too."

Seeing Choi Han talk viciously while still maintaining his innocent expression was scary so Cale quickly turned away and looked at Choi Jung Soo. "Choi Jung Soo, you should sto-"

"If you want, I can try and find out which timeline Choi Jung Gun is in right now so we can get rid of him. I'll try to convince the Gods to bring you all there or I'll bring Choi Jung Gun to you."