Chapter 21

With Choi Jung Soo gone, things in the hall slowed down slightly.

Since the information that was being revealed had more to do with Cale's past than their future, Room 1 was able to take things easy and focus on what their next move would be.

Directing Tasha and the few Dark Elves who had come to the hall to interact with the other groups and gather information, Alberu* observed Cale. It had been a big shock when the transmigrator had been whisked away by the Gods and Room 3 had descended into berserk mode collectively.

'Dragons, Beast people, swordmaster, mages, all the leading figures of the Western Continent and considerable presence in the Eastern Continent, ancient powers, nobility, and now divine interest....why is such a person helping us? What could he possibly want in return for it?' The viewing showed that the redhead kept referring to himself as 'trash' and there was a mention of being a slacker? But Alberu* didn't believe it at all. There was no way that someone who had so much at his beck and call simply wished to not exploit it.

"He's interesting, isn't he?"

A husky voice interrupted his thoughts. He turned around to see Tasha* smiling at him as she sat down next to him. "It was already amazing seeing the other you interact so happily and sincerely with Cale but seeing Mary too..."

She doesn't finish her sentence but there is no need to. Alberu* knew very well just how much Tasha* cared for Mary*. It was regretful that she couldn't leave the Underground City even with the disguise artifact but none of them wanted to see Mary* getting hurt. She had to stay hidden in order to stay safe.

'At least, that's what we believed.' But the sight of Mary happily interacting with so many people who didn't shy away from her scars made hope bloom within Alberu* once more. 'It's possible. It's possible for the Dark Elves and a necromancer to live normally under the sun.'

The Crown Prince could feel his hands tingling from anticipation. They hadn't even learnt what would happen during the war or how many enemies Roan had to battle against but in that moment he was sure without a single doubt that they would emerge victorious without suffering even a single more person than they had already lost.

Thanking Cale internally once more, Alberu* turned away to piece together whatever information had made its way back to him. They wouldn't win just because of the information they were receiving. They had to act on it.

****

It was some time before Choi Jung Soo returned. But this time he had a black hawk on his shoulders.

"You're back?" Cale nonchalantly greeted the other before motioning towards the bird. "Since when did you start raising pets?"

Before Choi Jung Soo could answer, Raon flew away from Cale. Floating in the air at some distance, the black dragon inspected the hawk closely before shouting. "Human! This bird isn't normal!"

Cale frowned at his words. 'Not normal?' Turning to look at Eruhaben who had joined the group after Choi Jung Soo had left, Cale waited for the ancient dragon's opinion.

Sighing at the expectant look, Eruhaben explained. "It's a beast person. Though it is my first time seeing a bird beast person." An interested spark lit up the dragon's golden eyes as he studied the sleek black bird perched on Choi Jung Soo's shoulder.

Tilting his head as the amazed exclamations from the kids rang out over the new member in the hall, Cale observed the bird closely. The extremely relaxed and amused gaze made his eyes widen before he slowly got up from the bed.

"Young Master-nim." Ron appeared in front of Cale at that moment and smiled bengingly at his charge. "You are currently being healed. This Ron would be hurt if you aggravated your condition due to constant movement."