And all of a sudden, my world turned for a split second before I found myself on my back and Cassian above me.

»Pinned ya

It was almost like he smirked at me. We stared each other in the eyes for a moment, however he suddenly closed the distance between us and rubbed his head against mine and licked with his tongue my ear.

This gesture was so intimate that my breathing faltered. Did he just...?

A mate was allowed to do such a gesture of love and affection. But it was awkward that he came so close and showed me such affection.

I savored it and found it comfortable, however, at the same time it was horrifying and stressed me out. No, not he stressed me out but the chaos of my feelings.

The conflict that I couldn't forget everything and he still forced himself a place inside my heart.

»I'm sorry. I couldn't hold myself back,« he whispered hoarse inside my head.

»It's fine,« I answered breathlessly even though nothing was fine. Slowly he got down off me and I turned around to lay on my belly just to get up and shake the dirt off my fur. Well, as good as possible.

»Should we maybe go to the cave where the others are?« I tried changing the topic and tilted my head. He didn't say anything but the slight nod of his head showed me that he agreed.

Cas trotted ahead and I was about to follow him when suddenly a crack got my attention.

Attentive I pricked up my ears to listen more carefully and turned my head around. I couldn't hear a heartbeat and no breathing, there also wasn't a presence. However, all the animals inside the forest were too quiet and it gave me an uncomfortable feeling. There has to be something.

»Kyran? What are you waiting for?«

»Coming!«

Fast, I ran up to him and then we walked over to the cave where the others had the little camp.

»A fawn and a German shepherd,« Naika giggled the moment she saw us. Sulky, I bared my teeth.

Grumbling, I laid down next to her and put my head on her lap. »I hope they finally finish on Monday. Zack was completely disturbed after he came back... And you know how difficult it is to seriously disturb Zack.«

I too hoped that Toby and Fynn we finished with fucking until Monday. I liked sleeping next to Cas because his nearness was comforting. But I still didn't want to let my friends sleep in the woods any longer.

Slowly, I looked around and just noticed that six of my friends weren't even here. »Naika, where are the others?«

Cassian had already laid down next to me and had his head on his paws.

»Uh... As far as I remember what they said... the three vampires are hunting. They will watch out for hiking trails and humans, so you can be reassured. And for the Alpha whose ears just flinched. They are hunting for animals; human blood is disgusting. Chat, Enzo and Cameron are somewhere inside the forest. As far as I know, Cameron wanted to take a walk as a wolf again and Enzo went with him to collect some herbs. Chat went with them out of boredom.«

Understanding, I nodded and yawned. I seriously could take a nap after all the running. Just like Emily and Genevieve who slept next to the small campfire cuddled up in blankets.

»Cas, should we go back? I still wanted to arrange a meet up between my parents and my abroad-parents. After all, they should get to know each other too. And as good as I know Maxim, he wants to see our hospital ward and wants to talk to the pack doctors there.«

Cassian turned his head to me and nodded. He got up with his enormous body and I followed.

»See you later,« Naika said and pulled the blanket closer around her body. She could transform but for whatever reason she didn't.

We almost needed three quarters of an hour to get back to the Alpha house. We would have needed much longer if we didn't know some shortcuts through the woods.

We transformed back in the shadow of the trees before we went up to the house and finally put something warmer inside his bedroom.

Over my phone I arranged a date where my parents and abroad-parents would meet up – we would all eat something together. My mother wanted to cook. But I didn't expect any less from her and inwardly I hoped she would.

Then we wanted to try have a meet up between my two families.

Could only go well.

[Authors Note]

Cassian Walker

Only the coloring of his fur because he is much bigger

Did you also notice the little reference inside the chapter? The movie reference?

LeseMate