Slightly grinning, he lifted the car keys in his hand. »I'm driving some of your friends. How else do you all want to get to the training place?« Right, he was old enough to drive by himself now.

Cassian never really cared about that and already drove at 16 or 17 without an adult - who also didn't really care. But he took lessons, that was something I knew because father talked about that in the past and asked if I didn't want to learn too.

I didn't. I first started learning in Canada. And now I could drive but didn't really like it.

Understanding I nodded and left the house with the others. While I, Toby, Fynn and Naika got into Cassian's car, the others – Sean, Leandra, Zack, and Cameron – got in the car Caleb drove – which was Elli's as I recalled.

We were mostly silent during the car ride. Only silently the music from the radio filled the small space.

I hated small spaces and the silence only let me concentrate on the space in the car. If we talked, I could somehow distract myself but with the silence I only tried to not lose my mind.

Nervously I started scratching my arm and stared straight out of the window. The tingling feeling from the mark on my nape didn't help at all because it slowly got unpleasant.

Something in me forced me to stretch out my hand and touch Cassian's hand which was right there. I would rather cut my hand off than to entangle my fingers with his hand!

Slowly I got the feeling that the walls came to get me – the space got smaller, much smaller. I knew that I only imagined it, but I couldn't hinder my tense body and my faltering breath before it got faster. My scratching also got faster and deeper. Red stripes were seen on my arms.

»Kyran!«

Startled, I looked up and stopped in my doing.

»We will fight right away when we get there, so prepare yourself.«

Almost thankful I looked over my shoulder to Fynn and could feel his hand on my shoulder that he lightly squeezed.

He noticed my panic and tried to distract me. As much as we fought and hated each other, we were still friends and in hard times there for one another.

»I thought you would never ask,« I croaked and closed my eyes for a moment to calm down before he took his hand back and leaned, behind me, against the back of his seat again.

»Does every member in your pack need to be there for training?« Fynn chatted further.

If Fynn and I were much closer with each other I could say now that I could kiss him as a thanks. He started to talk so I could concentrate on something else. We really were in a love-hate-relationship.

»They don't have the duty to be there,« the brown-haired said.

»The warrior's, my father, the two Beta's and I need to be there. Well if there is an emergency or something else, we, of course, don't need to be there. But the other members of the pack don't need to be there, still there is a training session at one time in a month where everybody has the duty to be. On that day we freshen up some basic fighting techniques and stuff like that. The other members still need to fight for themselves in a dangerous situation or if somehow, we need to fight rogues or have a war with another pack or what else. Still, not everybody can be there for every training session. Just like Ellinor, Kyran's older sister. She is studying and with all the lessons at the university she doesn't have the time to be here at all times. Some members of the pack come to the not binding sessions when they want to do something else or to have some fun or because the sport makes them feel better.«