Chapter 55: Prepare For Trouble!

Start from the beginning

"Wonder what he's gonna pull out this time," Calem watched in anticipation as Ash and Cissy stretched their bodies before entering the waters.

"Go, Blastoise!" Cissy summoned her cannon turtle.

'Well, it was 50/50 Gyarados or Blastoise anyways,' Ash shrugged as he finished stretching his arm.

"I hope you've got another Water type with you, Ash," the auburn-haired woman remarked before cocking a brow at the boy's grin.

"Not really. I choose you, Snorlax!"

A round giant materialized as he greeted everyone with a bellow.

"Sorry bout this, Snorlax. But Lapras is probably tired after the skeet," Ash apologized but the round giant merely waved it off as he patted his stomach as if saying to leave it to him.

Snorlax was a slothful creature by nature so it was no surprise that the round giant would rather laze around than do work. However, Ash's Snorlax was rather fond of his teammates and when push came to shove, the Sleeping Pokémon would get serious for his Trainer and friends.

"Thanks, buddy!" Ash grinned at the unusually energetic giant bear.

Cissy was stunned at the boy's selection but shook it off quick as she was getting used to his shenanigans.

"Well, shall we get started?" the Gym Leader asked as she climbed onto Blastoise's shell.

The raven-haired boy grinned in return as Snorlax floated above the water, waiting for his Trainer.

"It's on!"

With that, the tiebreaker race began.

"Oooo… Look at that Blastoise! Now, that's a catch," a pink-haired woman exclaimed in excitement as she peered into the periscope.

"What's more, it's that Red twerp!" a periwinkle-haired man recognized the raven-haired boy atop the surfing giant.

"Dat's der one dat beat da boss? And looks like his Pikachu jus' right der!" a cream-coloured cat spoke.

"It's an all-you-can-steal buffet!" the three cheered as they enacted their plans.

'Damn, the kid's not half bad…' Cissy thought as she peeked at the boy surfing next to her.

'With Snorlax's weight, I thought his bulk would've had him sinking!'

The auburn-haired woman smirked as she had been finally given a real challenge after what seemed like a long time, and she had the raven-haired boy to thank for that.

Snorlax was diving headfirst into the water and surfacing repeatedly while his stubby paws moved symmetrically, propelling the round bear forward with peak velocity. On a whim, Ash had taught the Sleeping Pokémon the butterfly stroke as a swimming technique in case they needed to perform [Surf (Fake)] and to the boy's surprise, the round giant was rather proficient in it, though he renamed the technique to 'the blubberfly' as a joke which Snorlax took a liking to since it meant that he owned the move.

"Holy! Snorlax, you've gotten faster!" Ash yelped as he almost lost balance atop of his Pokémon.

The two contestants were not allowed the sitting position and thus, had to stand as if they were surfing, hence the competition's name. Things were looking in favour of Cissy since her experience and knowledge was the deciding factor of her skills though Ash's ever-changing position and Snorlax's blubberfly were carrying their weight as well.

Bump!

Blastoise knocked Snorlax's side as if a race car doing a bump-and-run. Ash widened his eyes as it was something he did not thought of even if it was obvious.