"Maybe." He licks his lips, glancing down at mine. "Is it working? Am I in the clear yet?"

I get on my tiptoes, brushing my lips against his. JJ parts his lips, anticipating a kiss, however, what he gets instead is a pat on his cheek as I push him aside softly to walk out of the kitchen.

"Almost there, Maybank. Almost there." I joke with a sly smirk, hearing him let out a throaty laugh from behind me.

────────── ⋆⋅⚓︎⋅⋆ ──────────

"When I went back to Tannyhill, Rafe was on the phone with Ward, and he just kept saying my thing, this is my thing. He had to be talking about the cross."

Sarah is explaining to us the situation in Tannyhill. The six of us are reunited at the surf shack next to the Chateau. Only John B is missing. It's weird not having him here. He's our unspokenly established leader. That's the way it's always been.

I think it has to do with the fact that for a long period of time he was the only one out of the group who legally could drive the Twinkie. Which if you ask me, is bullshit.

Anyway, I'm happy with not having the pressure of leadership of this gang of idiots. Don't get me wrong, they're my friends, my family, and I'd die for them. But they're still idiots.

"What else could it be?" I think out loud.

"And he's coming into WIlmington tonight at eight o'clock. It's being shipped by train to Raleigh from there. But this is our chance to get it back!"

"You get any other information?" Pope asks, leaning in.

"Uh, Sarah got the cargo number." Kiara picks up a piece of paper from the table.

"Okay, well, that's a start."

"So," I let out a sigh, "What do we do?"

"They're definitely fencing that shit off as we speak. So we should probably get a move on."

"So to Wilmington we go." I clap my hands together and stand up from my seat. "Wait. We're doing this without John B?"

"Have you heard from him?" JJ checks with me.

"No, actually." I scratch my head, "Have you seen him?" I ask Blondie, glancing down at her.

"No, I guess he's still out there with your dad."

"Alright, uh... They got the Twinkie so... How are we transporting exactly?" I purse my lips, glancing around the group.

"I could ask Heyward for the truck." Pope suggests.

I don't intend to, but I burst out laughing loudly. Pope flashes his eyes at me, raising his eyebrows and I immediately shut my mouth.

"Oh, you were serious. Alright." My lips press on a thin line as I nod my head slowly.

"We have no other options, Bee."

"Okay. Let's try Heyward. Hopefully he won't kill you before tonight." I fist bump Pope, who's hiding a smirk.

"What's the plan then, Bee?" Sarah asks, shifting on her seat so her whole body faces me.

I feel too many eyes on me, and I scowl. I look around, noticing the five of them are waiting for me to speak and looking at me intensely.

"Whaaat... Why are y'all looking at me like that?" I ask confused, gesturing at them with my hands.

"John B is not here. The baton goes to the next Routledge." Pope shrugs, crossing his arms on his chest with a lopsided smile.