Guard 1: Hey why isn't he in cuffs?

He points towards (Y/N)'s wrists which aren't shackled he waves at them.

Guard 2: Special circumstances.

Ruby gazes up at the towering academy while more guards line up along the path leading to the building.

Ruby: I don't know yet. But we should be careful with what we say.

One of the guards looks over his shoulder at them.

Blake: (quietly) We'll follow your lead, Ruby.

(Y/N): (quietly) If anything happens I'll blow up the place for a get away.

Ruby smiles but then starts to look worried again. The elevator beeps as it arrives at its destination, and the guards escort the group out into a hallway and down a flight of stairs. They arrive in a room just as Ironwood walks through, speaking to someone else.

Ironwood: I swear if I have to sit through one more council meeting like that...

He turns toward a small flight of stairs on his way to his office, accompanied by Winter Schnee and Penny Polendina. The latter notices the group and stops with a gasp.

Penny: Yay, you're here!

Her celebratory greeting catches Ironwood and Winter's attention, causing them to stop and look. Weiss steps out from behind Ruby and approaches them.

Weiss: Winter.

(Y/N): (thoughts) An older looking Weiss?

Winter gasps lightly in surprise, and the sisters' reunion is quickly interrupted by Nora leaning in and holding up her bound wrists, grinning and waving her fingers.

Nora: Anyone wanna give us a hand with these?

Winter takes a moment to collect herself, returning to her usual stern demeanor and addressing the guards.

Winter: You have ten seconds to take those off before I start hurting you.

Guards: (looking at each other in confusion) Huh?

Finally understanding the situation, the guards frantically begin removing the bolases from everyone's arms, while Ironwood watches with a smile.

Guard 1: Sorry!

Guard 2: Please, let us help you!

Guard 1: Forgive us!

A guard went up to (Y/N) but sees no bolase on him. The bolases fall to the floor, giving off a purple glow and retracting the ropes before emitting a beep noise.

Ironwood: Please, come in.

The group follows Ironwood, Winter and Penny into Ironwood's office.

Ironwood: It is so good to see all of you.

Yang: (massaging her wrist) Our reception didn't really convey that.

Ironwood: (sighs) I sincerely regret how you were treated by my team.

Qrow rolls his eyes with a small huff. Ironwood walks behind his desk to sit down, and Penny and Winter take positions standing at either side of the desk.

Ironwood: When a rogue airship entered our airspace, it raised some... red flags. We assumed the ship was stolen.

Ruby: Stolen?

Ruby laughs awkwardly, before taking an apologetic tone.

Ruby: Okay, yeah, it was stolen.

(Y/N): I have no regrets.