•28• THE GREAT REVEAL

"You were waiting impatient
So long.

Days passed by uncounted
Nights limitless, they seem.

You were waiting
Wondering if it all was real
Wondering if you'd close your eyes
And It'll all be a dream

You were waiting so long
For the great reveal."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Her car stopped in front of the small familiar cafe Cinnabon and her chauffeur put the car in park mode.

Rania got off quickly telling Ghafoor Uncle she'd be quick.

..

Only one of the many 'Angrezi meethey' Bebe liked besides the English tea cake, was a good creamy, cinnamon roll. Soft, buttery and just the right amount of sweet and savoury.

It was the end of a successful first day of Rania's shoot, and as per tradition taking a sweet home was necessary.

The queue was small making her sigh in relief but when she reached the counter she frowned, "Sirf chocolate waley parey huye hain?" Rania questioned.

"Yes, Maam." The waiter behind the shelf nodded, face concealed behind a black mask.

"Classic?"

"Sorry ma'am, woh end ho gaye." He shook his head making her drop her head and groan.

"Yaar! Yeh kyaa baat hui, abhi toh sirf aath(8) hi bajey hain!!" Rania cried dejectedly.

"Ma'am sales kafi huin hain so... aap koi or se le len. Different flavors available hain." He spoke sheepishly, eyes narrowing above the mask as if he was almost sorry.

"Nhi naa.." She whined shaking her head then bit her lips and put her arms up on the counter leaning over, "Suneyn aap banwa den naa. Please??!" Rania whisper-urged, not caring for the people behind her in the line, "Mujhe leke janey hain or dusri branch bohat dur hai!"

He gulped embarrassed as he looked behind her then down at her and she pouted scrunching her face, "Please?!!! .. Mera aaj bohat hi special day hai.. And meri daadi bss classic hi passand kartin hain. Puh-leeees!" Her fingers pinched together with the thumb and Rania pulled her brows up, eyes sad, cheeks puffed trying to get him to take pity on her.

Perhaps he did.

His lanky shoulders slumped as the guy gave a defeated huff, "Aap ko wait karna parey ga ..."

She instantly perked up grinning, "Sure! Sure! Koi masla hi nhi hai! Main.. udhar bethi hun! Okay?" She pointed a thumb back at one of the corner booths, happy to wait if it meant taking home the freshly baked delight. "Thank you so much!!"

He nodded, scratching behind his reddened ear, and fixed his face mask trudging away towards the kitchen door.

'Yayy!'

Rania hopped giddily turning around, startled slightly by the women behind her she almost bumped into. She watched Rania with slitted eyes and the look she gave the girl said clearly 'I'm very much judging you for this favour you pulled in!'