•7• AND SO IT BEGAN

"Hey have we met before?
..

Yes, that's when our stories began.."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

The gravel crunched under his joggers as Taimoor ran on the tracks with his elbows tucked into his sides, fists clenched.

Dew drops slid down waxy cuticles of the leaves like crystal droplets settling into the grass. The azure canopy of the sky; clear of misguiding clouds with the sun rising in the east in all its golden glory. Birds chirped loudly their sounds filling the air along with low murmurs of the few others on the jogging track.

His breaths shortened to pants as his rounds continued, the muscles of his legs taut and his eyes focused on his feet.

The morning air was fresh, and he filled his lungs with the redolence of the Jasmine bushes planted by the side of the track he ran upon.
....

Suddenly another body, slammed into him from the front knocking the breath out of his chest and quite possibly leaving a bruise where he felt a fist punch him. The hood of his thin cotton jacket covered half his face and he was looking down as he jogged hence why he was unable to save himself from the incoming assault.

Though the hit was hard it was not enough to propel him off track. Yet the same couldn't be said about the assaulter themselves.

The kid that ran into him stumbled back with a loud shriek and before Taimoor could comprehend the situation the kid was falling backwards on to the damp grass.

"Aaahh!!"

His shriek was quite girly though.

...

Squeezing his eyes close Taimoor wrapped an arm around his torso groaning lowly, "Ouch.."

"Ooowwwee!!! Are you blind?!"

'What the hell?'

"Excuse me?!" His head whipped left to look at the fallen body of the idiot kid while his mind had alarm bells ringing as he registered those words.

'Why does that voice sound so familiar?'

He was sure he would weep if his suspicion was confirmed.

"Excuse me, What?! Can't you see I'm running here?!"

Gritting his teeth he raised the hand from his chest to hold the bridge of his nose pressing once.

He couldn't be this unlucky.. he simply refused to believe it was true.

"Ab mun chupaney ke bajaye aap maafi maangey toh behter ho ga! Mera-"

"What is wrong with you?!"

Rania's eyes widened as Taimoor pulled his hood back revealing his face and she pushed her glasses up meeting his livid obsidians.

"Aap—Tum!!!"

Because other's were running he had to step off the track on to the grass to avoid any more bumps, drowning Rania's fallen figure under his shadow.

She swallowed tilting her head up, the last ugly confrontation still fresh in her mind.

"Maafi tum maango! Bewakoofon ki tarah Track pe ultay side jog kar rhi thi or batein mujhe suna rhi ho?! Theek ho tum yahan se?" He pointed to his temple asking Rania furiously, "Pehley kabhi park nhi leke aya koi tumheyn? Tameez nhi sikhayi jogging ki?"

"Ohh! Heelllo! Kis se baat rahyn hain aap?! Ulta seedha kuch nhi hota, ankheyn khol ke jogging kartey hain! Hosho hawas main reh keh! Pura mun hoodie main chupa ke baagh rhy.. ajeeb aqal se pedal log!" She countered fast gulping back the initial hesitation.