•2• CLEARING UP DIRTY LAUNDRY

"Did I ever tell you I hate humans?"

"I hate humans."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Hello viewers!"

"Sab se pehle main aap se request karun gaa keh aap ne abhi tak channel ko subscribe nhi kiyaa toh please kar den!"

"Iss channel pe aap ko sab se taza tareen khabreyn mileyn gi! Or bilkul main koi fake news nhi pehlata.. Meri koshish hoti hai awaam ko sach batana jo kuch Tv waley aap se chupayen ge!"

"Nazreen, jaisa keh aap sab jantey hain.. Awan family lahore ki bohat bari or ameer tareen zamindar family hain. Inka bussiness Reem's se shuru hua jo keh Pakistan kaa bohat hi famous brand hai aap sab bhi jaantey hon ge. Nazreen.. Ahem khabar yeh hai ki kal raat ko Muhammad Ashar Awaan sahab ka bara beta nashey main gari chalata hua DHA Main Boulevard pe pakra gaya. Nashey main doobey huye Taimoor Awan ne apni agey wali gari kaa bhi khayal nhi kiya!"

"Ji haan.. Taimoor Awaan nashey ki halat main apni honey wali biwi ke sath—"

..

"This is bullsh*t!!!" He yelled and the 46' wide, wall mounted LG screen suddenly went black. They just needed a single slip on his side to make up lengthy stories and run their channels.

Taimoor watched his publicist rub her forehead with a weary sigh holding the remote control limply as she tried to think of proper words after showing him the gossip and ugly trolling that began with his stunt (accident) the previous night.

His focus had diverted for a brief instance and he missed the big red signal flashing only to stop at the last moment but crashing nevertheless into an old Toyota in front of his Sedan.

Taimoor was very much sober mind you, but how could he begin to explain hitting a standing car at a red light on an empty road with out seeming completely out of his senses.

***

"Bakwass hai yeh sab!! Jhoot bol raheyn hain mere barey main! I wasn't f*cking drunk Nora! I never do drugs or drunk drive! I don't even drink alcohol!" Taimoor spoke up from his seat again when she didn't reply. His voice hoarse from sleeplessness and useless yelling.

Nora Cornelius, his 40 years old, highly experienced publicist, closed her eyes shaking her head then stood up to her feet walking towards his desk.

"Explain that to the stakeholders. To the board members, to office workers, to the media."