•1• SLIPPERY TONGUE & TIRES

"To whom it concerns,

See others like you see yourself.

No, not with eyes..

See their intentions,

what they hold inside."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

DHA Commercial|Phase 3|Lahore.

Just another humid, August, Monday afternoon. The golden rays of the blazing sun filling the expanse of the azure sky. Thick white clouds floating around it, sometimes coming infront fooling the people with a hope of rain but then teasingly floating aside letting its heat melt that hope away.

The flow of traffic on the signal free pathway as rushed as ever. Vehicles honking loudly leaving thick dusty swirls in their wake.

***

In a large studio office on the fourth floor of a multi story plaza at the center of the posh commercial area, sat two women seemingly at logger heads on an active issue that apparently had no solution.

***

"Kuch soch samajh ke karti ho kabhi?!!"

Eclectic's publicist, Warda Shazaib loved her calm and composure. She worshipped it quite literally, every morning with her hour-long meditational yoga routine and came to work with a cool mind and an energised soul.

Until she started working with Rania Raees.

"Socha thaa tabhi toh kiya naa.. Iss main pareyshani ki kya baat hai? We'll sort it out—" The reply though uttered meekly made Warda see red.

"We'll sort it out?? Are you serious??" She curled hr hands up in question and Rania sat back in her chair with a huff.

***

Two days ago on one of her regular visits to the Latif Haveli, a shelter home in the androon Lahore, Rania Raees was reported of the recent crisis they were facing on their land license, or the Haveli to be specific.

After the recent death of  the original owner Chaudhry Latif, their children laid claim to the property as per a decreed will(real or forged no one knew) and decided to sell the land to the highest bidder.

They wanted the old haveli emptied immediately and the children removed before they started on the refurbishment and renovations.

It was pure heartlessness as the Chaudhry's knew there was no place else they could go.

Rania was furious after getting to know this and had quite a heated conversation with the Chaudhry's eldest sibling, Kabir and their lawyer. She couldn't believe Chaudhry Latif would do this to the children. Since she had met the man, one thing he often repeated was how he loved the children kept his Haveli full of life and that he wanted to name it as a trust for them. But her fighting was to no avail, she couldn't seem to convince his children of this without solid proof. Which she didn't have.

They remained unconvinced and she couldn't win against them so easily with the power they held.

So Rania took to social media in the heat of the moment tweeting against their greed and the silence of the Provincial government on the situation of the children of the state, as they continued supporting the Chaudhry's allowing them to take part in the elections.