•18• I KNOW EVERYTHING

"I know everything, I do."
"The secrets that you hide, the whispers of your soul."
"Fear me, for I know everything, I know it all."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Sir.. I can send him out if you don't.."

"It's fine Iqrar, just get me those files I want and .. just.." Taimoor had his hand in the air his eyes trained on the door to his office. For a moment Iqrar was sure his boss was so lost in his thoughts he forgot anyone was standing there.

"Just get me those files." He repeated.

Taimoor Awan was clearly out of sorts if he was repeating his words.

"Yes sir!" The boy responded with his usual vigour, being the loyal freshie that he was, not pointing out Taimoor's obvious disturbed state of mind.

Taimoor gave a curt nod dismissing him.

He stood taking a minute to himself and pressed the side of his temple already feeling a headache growing then stepped forward to push his door entering his office cabin.

The natural light cascading from the huge glass window was one of their eco-friendly additions to the newly renovated building after he joined the company full time, which actually made him feel less dead inside when he sat here working for twelve at times thirteen hours straight.

But right now he wasn't glad his room had such good lighting, because good lighting came with good vision, and unless he was blinded or suffered any other optical issues, he could clearly see the top of the head of a man leaning back against the guest chair infront of his semi-circular wooden desk.

Just a glimpse of that dark slightly wavy hair and his veins were alive, filled with hot lava.

After the lunch with Sarah he was in no mood to talk to anyone specially not a Khawar.
...

His fists clenched and he spent his entire energy in schooling his features in a mask of non-chalance.

Childhood Taimoor was more Impulsive, older Taimoor wanted to come off as strategically pragmatic. He kept his real emotions locked away and reacted less becoming unpredictable. He was patient and grounded.

But when the person he hated most came in front of him, the child Taimoor struggled to break free of his cage and wreak havoc in the world. He wanted to hurt those that hurt him. He wanted justice. And he didn't care at what cost.

That Taimoor was vicious.

But he didn't want to be.

.....

Iqtadar Khawar knew when Taimoor Awan had entered his office. The erie quietness of the place was enough indication. He waited, a cruel smile painted across his lips, his arms resting on the side of the chair while his right foot tapped the carpetd floor in sync with the ticking of the clock on the wall.

He didn't turn, he knew he didn't have to announce his presence. It was in the air teasing Taimoor's pretensious, cool temper. Mocking him, wounding his pride.

It made Iqtadar crack a soundless laugh.
..

Taimoor finally came around to the front pulling his chair back and sat down without bothering to take off his jacket. Sitting up so he was still a head taller and when he placed his forearms up on the table leaning forward, there was no argument left in who was stronger of the two.