•22• WASN'T THERE BEFORE

"There May Be Something There
That Wasn't There Before.."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Hey guyss!"

The three siblings in the living room looked up at the cheery voice and each had their respective responses.

Saifan held up two fingers in a salute then dropped them grabbing his pen, busying himself with his homework.

Mina was scrolling her Instagram and didn't acknowledge the greeting, her grumpy face enough indication; she wasn't forgiving Taimoor anytime soon.

Tehreem put down her phone and smiled, "Hey Zoelle."

Nora's daughter Zoelle, a 23 year old art graduate and trusted family friend of the Awan's often played Babysitter for the young ones, though they were not that young per them.

Taimoor rushed in behind her and pulled in a long breath, "Uh.. okay so Zoelle is here.." He looked at his siblings and frowned, "Make sure Saif iss time pe bahir nhi jaye. Beshak koi bhi friend bulane aa jaye." He said sternly looking at Saifan who dug his face further in his text book.

"Mina..." Taimoor sighed at the girl who had been giving him the silent treatment since the previous night, "Make sure yeh dinner ke time kuch khaye please. Warna iska phone le lena."

Her jaw dropped and she gave Taimoor a narrowed glare remaining silent.

"And Tehreem.."

Tehreem gave him a pretty smile playing the nicest, most non troublesome sister act.

Taimoor was smarter, "Shouldn't be on her phone for more than an hour, if you see her forcing herself and over using it. Take it."

"What— bhai!! Main kab-" she started appalled but Taimoor's look made her clamp down on the protest.

"Is ko jo bhi dekhna ho, ya phir YouTube use karna ho toh tv ya laptop pe laga dena and distance pe rakhna don't let her use it on her lap." He instructed and Zoelle nodded tilting her head left to right.

He blew out a tired breath, scratched his forehead, "What's left umm.. Okay.. Shagufta khana bana ke chali jayen gi apne quarters main but Sakina will be there.. koi bhi help ho un se le lena. Or bhi koi problem ho toh you can always call me and Khalil is-"

"Taimoor bhai.."

He paused looking down at Tehreem.

"Hmm?"

"We're fine." She said, "Ghar pe hain hum. Safe sound. And we all have phones, the guards are here. Zoelle is here. We're fine."

Taimoor pursed his lips then opened his mouth but didn't have anything more to say. Breathing out he huffed.

"I'll be back by ten and noww main tyaar hone jaa raha hun."

"Bye." Tehreem said and sat back relaxing when he actually left for his room.

Zoelle sat down on the sofa timidly almost feeling like Taimoor would return to add more instructions to the list.

Mina looked up at the retreating figure of her brother waiting for him to disappear completely.

As soon as he left the angry face dropped along with her aloofness and she jumped onto the sofa beside her, "Zoeyy! We have sooo much to tell you!! You have noo ideaa aaj hum kahan gaye they! It was suchh an amaazinggg place! And there was a really cute guy—"

Zoelle smiled settling back as Mina started talking.Tehreem instead of wheeling closer grabbed her phone and moved away.

Saifan resigned his head, canceling plans he had made with his friends and sulked as he completed his homework with zero motivation to study.