•24• NOT THAT KIND OF FRIENDS

"I feel happy when you're around.
I feel good.

Why? Why does it happen
That the sight of your smile makes me smile?

Why, why does it happen?

We're not even that kind of friends."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"And I have-" Rania stopped short hearing the knock on her door and called out a 'Come In' distractedly, going back to explaining the design on the phone.

"Assalamualikum!"

Her head turned up, lips stretching up in a wide, welcoming smile and she quickly ended her phone call to reply,

"Walikumsalam!! Ajaouu ajaaou!"

It was rare to find Tehreem being the conversation starter even if it was just a greeting and Rania didn't want to ignore the little instances when she tried. It seemed the girl did have a voice but expressed it only once she was on her level of comfort.

Surprising every time.

Reem looked at her desk pulling her chair forward and 'Oooohed' softly, "Bohaat kaam ho raha haii! I see.." She said looking at her busy state.

Rania sighed, "Jiii! Dekh loo! Main kaam bhi karti hun." Tehreem giggled.

"It's almost the end of August and the pieces are near completion... So lots of calls and questions." Rania explained softly, tapping at her keyboard at the same time.

"Uskey baad?" Tehreem tilted her head asking Rania.

"Uskey baad.." Rania hmmed, "next month se shoots start ho jayen ge..." She paused gazing at Tehreem closely. The girl was still distracted looking around her desk, picking up drawings, reading printed details, fondling with a ball point. All the while Rania started at the expressions swirling on the glittering surface of her gentle brown eyes.

She bit her lips breathing in as her mind worked in a frenzy thinking re-thinking and sorting out all scenarios that 'could be' if she did ask Tehreem to take part in her shoots.

"Jis ke liye aap ne Madam Jugnu se permission li hai?" Tehreem asked, suddenly looking up.

Rania blinked pushing her glasses up then nodded, "Yup!"

"But .. I was wondering.. property toh unki nhi hai, toh aap ne un se permission kyun li?"

"Kyun ke mere liye woh property un hi ki hai. Or humesha rehay gi. Koi bhi challenge kar le, main tyaar hun larne ko."

Tehreem's eyes widened, brows rising up.

"And.. woh jo Chaudhry uncle hain... jinki Haveli hai.. unse koi problem nhi hoga aap ko?" Tehreem said, also thinking about a certain Khawar but not knowing if Rania knew about him or not. So she didn't ask.

"Aysi ki taisi! Koi problem create kar ke toh dekheyn woh." She shook her head, "Unheyn mazaq lag raha hoga but main waqi court tak chali jaoun gi and I will make sure Haveli ki zameen ka ek zarra bhi un ko naa miley! Beshak pura business bech ke case larna parey mujhe."

Tehreem frowned surprised and confused, "Lekin aap yeh kyun kareyn gi?"

"Kyun ke I hate those people that much." Rania huffed, and Tehreem looked shocked hearing that.

"Not really.. I .... Didn't mean that." Rania sighed and explained She "Reem, Chaudhry Latif ne Haveli ko shelter home ke taur pe waqf kar diya thaa.. woh purane khayal ke insan they unke liye zaban ka kaha hi kafi hota tha shayad iss liye unhon ne legally declare karna zaroori nhi samjha hoga. That's the only reason I can think of.. honestly because woh insan bohat achey they... Or unke bete iss baat ka faida utha rahey hain. If only he had written it in his will sab problems khatam ho jati ..." Rania sighed again, "Bohat chalak hain Chaudhry Latif ke bete lekin I won't let them win. Agr woh zameen bechna hi chahtey hain toh mujhe bech den main unko market se zyada dene ko tyaar hun, lekin mere ilawa kisi ko nhi becheyn ge warna main unke liye bohaat mushkilat khari kar dun gi. I promise that. Jugnu madam ne itne saal uss haveli ka khayal rakha hai, woh unn sab ka ghar hai.. Inn lalach ke maarey logon ko kabhi samajh nhi aye ga."