VII

••••••••

             the day was already long; it is nearly midnight, but Y/n doesn't want to be rude, and it's Amber; she knows how protective she gets when it comes to her and Tara. though Y/n seems to notice that Amber has been so touchy and clingy to her lately. even before the accident happens. always wanting to hang out, but maybe that's what friends are for, right? they hang out and are close to each other.

Amber was waiting in the hospital's lobby. Y/n, on the other hand, was on her way down when she saw Amber sitting in the lobby, thinking deeply. she approached the girl silently.

"hey amber." she greeted the black-haired girl. the girl quickly got up and hugged her.

"oh my god, what happened? i was so worried when i saw the text that Tara had sent." Amber said.

"i'm okay and still alive," she grinned. she took a slight hit to her arm because of the joke.

"stop joking like that; i don't know what I'm going to do if I hu-- if you die." Amber stutter.

"well, it looks like i'm still here to annoy each of you." Y/n said as she guided them to sit on the lobby's sofa.

as they sit down, there is stillness, unsure of what to say to one another, primarily because Y/n is still emotionally exhausted after the incident. when Amber sneaked her hands onto her and rested her head on Y/n's shoulder, she caught her off guard. although Y/n has seen Amber acting this way before because she knows their best friends, she still has trouble getting used to it. in the past week, she has noticed a greater degree of Amber's dependence on her. they are also great friends, so she doesn't want to make any assumptions.

"i'm not going anywhere, you know," she said as they maintained their position.

"i know, if you had just come with me yesterday, none of this would have happened." Amber sat quietly, not thinking of what she just said, then, burying her head deep into the latter's neck.

"what do you mean none of this would happen?" Y/n asked, unsure of what the girl said.

the other girl was caught off guard by the question.

"you know what I mean; I asked you to come with me because I feel scared too; you know that the killer is using me to make those calls, right?" Amber said, dodging the suspicious question and trying to make Y/n sympathize with her side. Y/n just looked at her, not knowing what to say and feeling a little bit guilty for now thinking that.

"i'm scared that maybe i'm going to be the next victim of this killer, and i need you, because i feel safe with you, y/n." she continued, a little shy to say the last words, and in hope to dodge all the suspicious questions the latter have.

"don't think like that, nothing's going to happen to you all right?" Y/n said calmly, not thinking too much of what Amber said. she understands that she feels so vulnerable at the moment, as does everyone except ghostface, whoever that is.

she extends her hands into the shoulder of the girl to assure her. then another silence fell between them, not knowing what to say or do.

Amber, on the other hand, fails to stop the butterflies that are caused by their interaction. she didn't really realize it at first, but the jealousy she's been experiencing over the past few days makes it clear that she likes the girl. she can't deny that she has feelings for her, and she has been wanting some privacy so that she can express her feelings toward her. despite the fact that she is aware that her feelings might not be shared. why not reaffirm that this is the only time they have to themselves? but she is aware, of what the answers gonna be.

without considering it, she gave y/n a quick kiss on the lips. the other girl flinched back somewhat in surprise at what Amber did.

Y/n heard the girl admit, which makes her even more astonished, "i like you." she did not expect any of this. not even the clear indication that Amber feels something for her.

Y/n could not speak. she looks at her and looks down to comprehend everything that has happened. taken aback and finds her mouth gaping at her best friend's confession and little peck, unable to respond. although solely as a friend, she likes Amber. Y/n is now aware of the sudden change in Amber's behavior toward her; she also comprehends the clinginess and vulnerability Amber has showed to her that not everyone can see. She does, but she feels something with Tara, and she doesn't want to hurt Amber or break their friendship.

"Are you really not going to say anything?" Amber said sarcastically, trying to hide whatever she's feeling at the moment.

"uhm-- i'm shocked Amber. i don't know what to say." Y/n pretended to apologize, but in reality, she just doesn't want to say anything that will make the conversation more difficult and awkward.

"ok, that's it," she said.

"i'm leaving, this is embarrassing." Amber gets up fast, ready to exit herself from the situation they are in.

"wait amber." Y/n catches Amber's arm before walking away.

"let's talk, but not now. i'm not yet in my best state of mind. i just had my head knocked, you know," Y/n slipped a joke,

"don't worry i'm going to be discharged tomorrow. i'll go straight to your home, and we'll talk alright." Y/n smiles at her and caresses the hands that she's holding in the form of assurance.

"whatever you say." Amber let go of their hands and walked away, trying to hide the smirk she had. 'I gotcha' she thinks. her plan was going to be successful, whatever that is.

Y/n just looked at Amber walking away, scratching her head as a way of releasing the stress she had been feeling all day. she doesn't want to think about what she'll say tomorrow; she just wants to lay down and rest. that's when she heard her phone ringing; it's Tara that's calling.

"hello? what's taking you so long?" the line said worriedly.

"nothing, i'm just about to go up. i'm just waiting for Amber to leave." 

"okay, you should come up and rest." Tara replied and ended the call.

Y/N arrived at their room and was greeted by Tara's smile. "so what happened?"

"a lot, really." Y/N said she was walking directly at her bed, not Tara's, which makes the girl disappointed and wonder if something happened.

"then tell me," she says plainly, hiding her disappointment.

"we should go to sleep first; I'll tell you tomorrow, okay?" Y/n gives her a smile.

"if you say so." Tara settled. she just gave up to ask for some more because she knows they are both tired. but what she's thinking is why there was such a sudden change in mood from before she excused herself to now. she feels like something happened, but Y/n just doesn't want to admit it to her.

"goodnight T." she closes her eyes, releasing all the stress she's feeling, and drifts off to sleep. leaving the other girl thinking.

a pair of eyes looked at her and said, "yeah, goodnight, Y/n."

after what happened, Y/n just decided to not continue today what she were about to say to Tara. she's had enough today between the attack, being knocked unconscious, and Amber's confession. she needs to rest, but she's unsure of Tara's feelings for her, so she's only doing this to spare herself a heartbreak.

what if this is the only opportunity Y/n have to express to her how she really feel?

••••••••

hi again! i was supposed to published this early but got deleted and the ideas i had was nowhere to be found in my head, coz of college stress.

anw i hoped u enjoyyy!!! thank you for 3k!!!