Chapter 77 (vote at the bottom)

Start from the beginning

Yang: Maybe we should pick up the pace.

(Y/N): Heh heh dead bot.

Everyone resumes walking.

Maria: You have to remember, the Kingdom had just lost the Great War. The people of Mantle needed a sign of a brighter future, and that sign was Atlas. After all, a home in the clouds is as bright as it gets.

They look up at the City of Atlas, while the earlier broadcast from Winter plays once again nearby. A pair of trucks drive by with miners, covered in black material, sitting in the beds. Posters depicting a white-haired woman are plastered across one of the buildings that the trucks pass, with the text "PROTECT MANTLE" printed on them.

Winter: We are here for your safety. Thank you for your cooperation.

Blake and Nora Valkyrie watch the second truck as it drives by.

Nora: (crossing her arms and looking away) Unless you're the one having to look up at it.

Blake: This whole city, it just seems awful.

A drunken voice calls out from nearby.

Drunk Mann: Yeah?

The drunk man comes stumbling down from a porch.

Drunk Mann: You don't like it here? There's plenty of space out in the tundra.

Blake: (sighs) Sorry, I didn't mean to--

Drunk Mann: Atlas is the greatest Kingdom in the world, alright?!

Ruby: (stepping forward to confront him) Hey!

Blake steps forward ahead of Ruby, speaking quietly to her.

Blake: We can't cause a scene.

The drunk man's equally drunk buddy speaks up.

Drinking Buddy: The embargo... The embargo's got us in a rough patch. But it'll blow over, you'll see.

Drunk Mann: (loudly) We try and help the other Kingdoms, and this is what happens? I say let 'em rot!

Blake: (disingenuous) I apologize. I didn't mean to insult you.

The drunk man spits on the ground, glaring at Blake.

Drunk Mann: Stupid Faunus like you wouldn't unders--

He looks down to unscrew his flask and pauses when he sees a black glyph beneath his feet. His glasses hover off his face as his eyes widen in surprise. The glyph flings him into the air, and he falls into a dumpster in the nearby alley, his glasses and flask accompanying him soon after. Yang, Nora, Blake and Ruby stare at the dumpster, then turn to see Weiss pointing Myrtenaster where the man had been standing.

Weiss: (with a shrug and a smile) It was worth it.

The group flees while a pair of Atlesian Knight-200s investigate. The man's drinking buddy hurries down from the porch and looks around in thought, before reaching out toward the girls.

Drinking Buddy: Hey, wait! (running after them) You're-- That was--

(Y/N) then shot a tiny ki blast at the drinking buddy as he collapses to the sidewalk. Winter's broadcast is heard playing once again.

Winter: We are here for your safety. Thank you for your cooperation.

The group approaches a building with a glowing green plus symbol above its front door. The side door opens, and a Faunus with a prosthetic arm exits, waving cheerfully to the man who speaks to her from inside.

Pietro: And no more heavy-lifting, yah hear?

Maria: Ah, it's good to see you again, old friend.

An older man is sitting behind the desk, shuffling things around in a drawer. Maria clears her throat, startling him, and he lifts his head to look at her, shutting the drawer. Maria smiles at him.