28~ truth bombs

I saw Mama talking to Tito Chris in the corner. Kanina pa ata sila nag uusap by the looks on their faces. They seemed to be in a good mood. Mama was laughing at what Tito Chris was saying. They looked happy and stress free. I liked seeing them that way. Or was it the wine they're having? Then suddenly Tito Javi approached me. With Stephen. Shocks.

"There you are, Andy." Tito said smiling.

"Hi." I said with a confused face as I looked at Stephen.

"I heard all about you two from your mom. Siya pala yung boyfriend mo. What a small world. They're guests of our new business partner." Tito told us. So that explains why they're here. But wait, did he say boyfriend? In present tense?

"Agree po. It's a small world indeed." Stephen replied while looking at me. Sa sobrang liit nga ng mundo, kung saan saan tayo nagkikita beh.

"Alright. I heard Stephen also knows Julien. Isama mo na siya sa taas so he can hang out with you guys. The adults here are a bore." Tito joked. We chuckled and left.

I stole a glance at our parents who were now with two guests. They waved at us when they saw us. Was that a show? Were they genuinely happy to see us together? Napatigil kami sa paglalakad sa may kitchen when he held my hand.

"Aya." He said with a bright aura. His eyes were glimmering.

"Yes?" I asked. I was amused but also anxious of what he was going to say.

"We were wrong." He said, grinning.

He lost me there kaya pina explain ko sa kanya. Apparently he overheard our parents talking and they were not forbidding our relationship. They just forbade us to talk to our other parents. Ano daw?? I'm so confused. Basta ang gist ng story is that they think Stephen and I were just on a break after their own breakups kasi we all parted ways. They think Stephen and I are still together somehow. Wow ha?? Did we misunderstand everything and break up on our own? We couldn't have. I'm lost. And angry.

"Are you sure?" I asked him, all riled up. Hindi ko alam if I was more confused or upset about it. Ang dami kong iniyak dahil diyan tapos the audacity to say these things? Dafuq.

"Yeah. Dad was looking for you nga eh. I didn't tell them anything though. So they might think the last time we met and spoke was 2 months ago. During our not-a-breakup." He said calmly.

"They can't be serious. I'm sure they know we broke up because of them. Hay, Steph. I'm so tired of this. Ang gulo gulo nila." I whined.

"Yeah, magulo nga sila... But, Aya, it means we don't have to hide from them. We can freely talk and meet up." He smiled faintly.

Bigla akong naguilty kasi I was looking at it the wrong way. I feel stupid. G na G agad ako whereas Stephen was only pointing out about us being free to get back together if we wanted to. Chillax, Andy.

"Yes, you're right. I guess that's a good thing." I smiled back.

"Right?" He asked again like he was an excited little kid. He was so cute. Namiss ko siya. But...may kahati na siya sa puso ko. And I can't have them both in my heart at the same time. It's not fair to anyone.

"Tara. They're waiting for us." Sabi ko nalang before I make another promise to him. I can't help it pa naman.

x

Julien was teaching the twins Uno when we got in the library. He had a friendlier face than I expected. We introduced the twins to him and Stephen was entertained by them. As expected from an only child like me. We do missed out a lot growing up with no siblings huh.

Stephen explained to Julien why they're here. I like how light the atmosphere was. I hope it was genuine and not because the kiddos were here. Then over a game of Uno, Julien and I explained why I'm here. It's not because our parents work together but because they are together. Stephen had to pause and digest everything.