37 | matchmaker

*Song rec - best friend
by conan gray*

I groan loudly and they both pull me until my feet hit the sand. Felix held my left hand and Hyunjin held my right, still pulling me towards the beach.

"You won't regret this"

I look at Hyunjin and he sends me a comforting smile. Finally letting go of my hands and Felix starts fixing us a spot, laying two towels together for us to sit on.

Sitting down and patting it for me to sit down. I sigh and sit down in the middle. I knew what this was for. I knew they were trying to get me out of the house.

At this point, I didn't care if I looked pathetic that I didn't only get cheated—multiple times as Caroline said she wasn't the girl Dylan was seeing but I also got into a fake but not so fake relationship with my brother's best friend for this exact reason... looking pathetic . Never mind, I definitely cared. I don't even know why I believe her but the look in her eyes showed not only a look of hate but also pain.

Minho didn't only hurt me but hurt her. Not that I give a fuck but I wasn't sure why he felt like he was some type of a god. Hurting people for the fuck of it?

I wasn't even sure why he hated me. I never did anything and I only started this back-and-forth attitude with him because he started it. I wasn't going to just let it slide time after time so every time he said something to me I said something back. It was only fair.

Chan on the other hand used to tell him stuff or tell him that he needs to stop but after a while, he completely stopped and seemed to not care when Minho threw an unnecessary comment toward me.

Now noticing the silence that took over us as we sat staring at the sunset. In the distance hearing laughter from others who played around the beach as we just sit here and either take in the view or in their head. I was the one in my head.

"Is all of this my fault?" I finally spoke, feeling their eyes on me but I still stared at the sky. "Why does it feel like I'm the one that isn't enough?" I admitted it. The thing that I kept deep within, the thing that I was most afraid of.

"Don't say that" I felt Felix's comforting hand on my shoulder "You are more than enough Ji"

I let out a low sigh "It doesn't hurt" I said lowly before looking at the two "I wish I could I say that it didn't hurt but—it does. Even though it was all fake"

"But was it?" Felix asks. "Was it fake for you?"

I nod slowly "Yes" my eyes adverting to the towel we sat on "In the beginning yes"

"Can I just kill off the rat pack?" Hyunjin finally blurted out and then looked between Felix and me "Excluding Chan, Of course" He chuckles nervously.

"You are not helping the situation" Felix glares at him and crosses his arms.

"I'm keeping myself quiet because I'm not good and giving sane advice. The sanest advice I'll give is possibly chopping the guy's dick off since it's been every damn where"

I snort and Felix looks at me and back to Hyunjin "Okay, maybe stay quiet"

"You got me started, now I won't stop" Hyunjin looks at me, "I think you deserve better than all of these pricks you choose" He started but we both knew he wasn't finished by how he adjusted his position into a more comfortable one, "I think you should have him begging on his knees, I saw the way he looks at you and I know I should fucking hate him for breaking my best friends heart but god I know those fucking eyes—"

"Get to the point" Felix interrupted him and he sends daggers to Felix who smiles innocently.

"As I was saying, Dont forgive him if you don't want but I'm sure he will show up at your door any day now by the way he's been acting like his dog died at lunch and you should wait it out if you are thinking of talking to him. Maybe even break his little heart and start seeing someone else"

"God Hyunjin, Jisung ain't like you"

Hyunjin scoffs "That hurt" He held his heart "But you aren't wrong, just putting my opinion out there" He shrugs.

Felix looks at me "Will you hear him out?"

"Right now my mind says no but—"

"But you do really like him still?"

I sigh and nod "Yeah" I frown "I hate how I let him in so easily. From the start I let my guard down because I never hated him, I just told myself I did and so when he was actually acting decent around me I allowed him to smoothly talk to me and now here I am"

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold up and rewind" Hyunjin says "You liked Minho before all of this and I had no idea?"

I shrug "I'm just good at hiding it?"

He glared "The way I would have played matchmaker years ago before you got with that mistake Dylan"

"Hyunjin you are really bad at reading the vibe"

Hyunjin looks around "Right, we hate Minho"

"No, I'm not telling you both to hate him," I said immediately

"So you will hang around him?" Felix asks.

"Not now but maybe later on. I just—I just need to get over whatever this is"

Hyunjin puts his hand on my bare knees "Babe, this is called heartbreak"

"I shouldn't have invited you"

"Hey!" Hyunjin says to Felix, "I came up with this idea don't take credit for it"

I chuckle at the two and they look at me "You both don't have to worry about me. I'll be fine and I don't want to dwell on something that wouldn't have lasted anyways"

Felix smiles "That's my best friend"

Hyunjin nudges him "Our best friend"

*Song rec - best friend
by conan gray*

The emotional attachment I have to this friend group is almost unreal.

They are by far one of my fav character personalities I've written. Especially Hyunjin, my humor comes out the most with him lmao.