33 | looking pretty

*Song rec - True
by JAWNY*

I slowly walk to the boat, my eyes widening "It's a long bigger than I remember" I admit with a small breathy chuckle.

Minho gets on the boat and holds out his hand for me to take "You were ten the last night you were on here, so I would hope" He chuckled.

I get on the boat and turn to him "I always wondered why an eleven-year-old boy wanted his birthday party on his dad's boat and now I realize it was because you wanted to seem cool" I cross my arms and he laughs loudly.

"Am I not cool?"

I think about it for a second "Not really" I said and turned away from him, starting to explore the boat.

Minho walks beside me "I would say I'm pretty cool" He defends.

I watch him look up to the top deck and signal to some guy that we can leave.

I swallow harshly, realizing we were gonna be all alone—well kinda. We have been alone multiple times but this was a date. I was on a date with Lee Minho.

The boat starts to move and I walk to the edge by the railing are looking out to the water. "I've always loved the water" I heard Minho say. "Maybe because I grew up constantly being surrounded by it"

I look at him as the sun hits his face perfectly. He looked out to the water with such adoration and a small smile plays on my face.

"Why do you refuse to work with your dad then?" I ask and he looks at me finally.

"I grew up helping my dad with work, you know this," He said and I chuckle softly, nodding as I remember how Chan was gone multiple times a week when we were younger because Minho and his dad took him out on the boat to help catch fish. Minho smiles and I knew he also remembered those days.

Looking away again he continues "I just want to love something without it being the center of my life. My dad comes out to the water so often that I don't think he just sits back anymore and appreciates the beauty of it" He sighs "That's why I don't work with him and maybe that's why he wants me to take school more seriously"

"He just wants the best for you" Minho looks at me.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," He said, pulling his shirt over his head and tossing it somewhere on the boat "Let's enjoy the nice day" He smiled and jumped into the water. Only now noticing we were had stopped and the guy was long gone from the top of the deck.

I look back to Minho who rises up to the surface, wiping the water from his face as I chuckle at him "Are you gonna join me or just stand there and look pretty?"

I roll my eyes "I like standing here and looking pretty". He glared at me and I laugh loudly, taking my shirt off "If you want to see me naked just ask" I smirk and he laughs, waiting for me to join him and soon I do. Jumping into the cold water and immediately getting engulfed by the water that wraps around my body.

I swim to the surface where Minho smiles at me, "Do I still look pretty?" I ask.

He bites his bottom lip and nods slowly, "Always" He says lowly.

-

I lay on my back and block the sun with my hand, Minho laying on his stomach beside me. We just got finished eating after our swim and decided to lay out in the sun to dry more.

Throughout the time it just felt so normal to be with him like this. The jokes mixed with the subtle but not-so-subtle flirting. We just enjoy each other's company and only recently realized that.

I heard him softly sigh, making me turn my head to look at him "What's wrong?"

He turns his head to look at me "Nothing" I chuckle lowly and the boy props himself on his elbows, staring down at me "Fine, Ill tell you"

My brows raise "So I don't have to force it out of you? Who is this new Minho that I like so much?"

"I change my mind" He lays his head back down.

"No!" I Whine and sit up, shaking his body "Tell me"

He looks up and a small smile plays on his lips "Okay now stop whining" He sits up and faces me. Pushing the damp hair out of his face "I just want to tell you how much I enjoy this"

I swallow harshly "The date?"

He laughs and shakes his head "No" His eyes widen "I mean yeah" It was my turn to laugh and he groans "I am enjoying the date but I really mean that I enjoy being around you... like this"

"Like this?"

He looks down and shrugs "Not having to completely act as if I hate you" I laugh loudly and shove his shoulder jokingly and he smiles at me.

"Way to ruin the moment"

"Oh, there was a moment? I wasn't aware" I glare at him and push his shoulder, making him lie down and I get on top of him and tickle the boy who erupted into a loud laugh.

"I hate you," I said and he grabs my hands, stopping me from tickling him anymore. His laughter stops and I look into his eyes.

"You love to hate me don't you?" He spoke softly and I couldn't help myself from leaning down and kissing him.

His hands let mine go and found my jaw, which he held and brought me closer. My hands are on his exposed chest as his tongue roams my tongue. I part for air and he starts kissing my neck. I pull away and sit up straight on him.

"I don't think that guy would really appreciate coming back to see such a sight"

Minho smirked "Anyone would pay for this show" He sits up and his arms wrap around my waist, leaving a small peck on my lips "We should start heading back" I frown, not ready to end this night as the sun started to set. "Stop sulking"

"I don't sulk" I pull away and off of him, standing up and stretching my lean body. I felt Minho's eyes on me, making me look at him and I lean down, grabbing a grape from the bowl that sat beside him. Putting it into my mouth and chewing it "The sun has me exhausted"

Minho grabs my hand, making me lean back down and his lip placed back on mine. Smiling into the kiss and pulling away again, my hand going to his cheek. I look into his eyes and he sighs softly.

*Song rec - True
by JAWNY*

Are we sensing something here? Maybe a little l-o-v-e?

Random but I never really listened to a lot of Omar Apollo's music but ever since he dropped '3 boys' i've been obsessed and now he's probably one of my top artists at the moment. His music is just so good.