12 | sunsets

"But mom—"

"Jisung, I said no. That is final" I sigh and my body slouched in my seat.

"Hey, mom!" Chan makes his loud entrance into the kitchen, followed by his line of friends. Minho being third to enter and they all swarm the kitchen, grabbing a plate and filling it with the food mom prepared. Luckily, my food was already in front of me and eaten before there was none left.

"Hey boys, how was school?"

Minho sat right beside me on a stool at the center island. They all shared how their day went as they ate their food. I was about to get up but a warm hand was placed on my knee, making me stop and look at Minho "Glad to see me?"He whispered with a smirk.

I swallow harshly "I thought you were coming later on"

His hand left my leg and he shrugs "Got into a small argument with my dad, I didn't really want to be there"

I frown "Want to talk about it?" Our voices were low, keeping it to just us as the others spoke loudly in the background.

He gives me a small smile "Not right now" I nod and look away and up to see my mom as she looks at us, I look down and stand up, grabbing my plate and washing it off before excusing myself to my room.

-

I sat on my back porch steps and watched as the sun set. My head was in the palm of my hands as I watched it like I was watching my favorite movie.

"You like the sky don't you?"

"What's not to like about?" I said, not needing to look back to know Minho was behind me.

Hearing his steps walk closer and before I knew it he was sitting beside me "Does it mean something to you?"

I look at him "Can't I just like it?"

He chuckles and nods "Of course, but people usually have a reason"

I look back to the view "I just feel drawn to look at it" I look at him "Doesn't everyone?"

Minho was looking out to it and he shrugs "I guess your right" I give him a soft smile even though he wasn't looking at me.

We sat there in silence for a moment, staring out at the view. The weather was perfect and I found happy that I was sitting here with him. He seemed to appreciate it just as much.

"My dad and I argued about school" I look at him and the golden light hit his face as he stared out. "He said I need to focus this year, not bullshit around"

"He's right" Minho looks at me.

"I know he is" He sigh and says "But he brought up mom and I think that's where I lost it"

Minho's mom wasn't dead but she was to him. She had left when he was young, nobody really knows why but his dad defends her still.

"Do you ever think about what she might be doing? Where she could be?"

"I try not to. I don't think she deserves it" He spoke sternly before shaking his head and looking down "I'm sorry"

I furrow my brows "For what?"

Minho looks up "I should be happy that she's at least alive, I think I find it easier telling myself that I hate her" His voice was soft as he spoke, "Do you think of them?"

I swallow harshly and look away, letting out a small sigh "I try" Shrugging I said "It's hard when you don't remember much"

I look at him and he watched intensely. "You would think not remembering anything would make it easier but I think it's harder" He frowns "Sometimes at night I hope I can dream about them and remember at least the sound of their voice"

"You we're young, it makes sense why you don't"

I nod "But I'm thankful for my life now, for Chan and mom"

Minho smiles and me and bumps my shoulder lightly "And me, of course"

I look at him and he still had a smile "Never you"

He laughs loudly and says "You know, I never realized you thought so deeply"

I shrug "You never tried to get to know me"

"What if I said I did"

I chuckle "Then I know you'd lying, I'm an easy person to get to know"

Minho nods "Yeah, you are"