Qrow: We're too late! Pull up!

The Manta aircraft pulls up out of the way as the Leviathan fires its breath, destroying the next barrier and toppling a cupola off one of the buildings in Argus. Ren and Jaune collapse as their Auras are drained.

Jaune: Damn it...!

Ren: That's all I've got!

Blake: It's on the move again! We need to stop it!

Yang: What do we do?

Ruby thinks for a moment, before to looking to Weiss and (Y/N).

The Leviathan continues to approach Argus, but suddenly, the aircraft carrying Ruby's group opens up its hatch doors.

Nora: Eyes on us, ugly!

Nora and Yang fire their respective weapons at the Leviathan.

Blake: Is it working?

Maria: Unfortunately, yes! Hang on!

Blake runs over to Weiss, who is maintaining a Glyph she activated.

Ruby is seen riding on the back of Weiss' Queen Lancer summoning. (Y/N) is seen flying next to her.

(Y/N): Your up Ruby.

Ruby: (to herself) Okay, okay, you can do this... You have to do this!

Eventually, Ruby stops in front of the Leviathan. She closes her eyes and begins to concentrate, the noises all around her slowly muting out.

Yang: Ruby? Ruby, hurry, something--

Ruby takes out her earpiece and tosses it into the water below. She closes her eyes again to concentrate. As she concentrates, Ruby thinks back on various memories:

She thinks of her father, (Y/N), and sister, when Zwei first arrived at Team RWBY's dorm room, when she and her team are about to start a food fight, and when they get noodles after their victory in the tournament.

She then thinks of Penny Polendina, then to when she first saw Jaune, of Team JNPR, of Pyrrha...

Suddenly, Ruby starts to frown as bad memories start to flood her mind: the night when Jaune trained alone with a recording of Pyrrha, when she saw her friends wounded as Beacon was being evacuated, when Yang sank into depression over the loss of her arm.

Ruby whimpers upon remembering the death of Penny...

Suddenly, Ruby opens her eyes again and notices the Leviathan standing face to face with her.

Ruby: What?

Yang: Why'd it turn away?!

Ruby then remembers she has the Relic of Knowledge on her belt, which caused the Leviathan to have its attention on her.

Ruby: No, no, no, no!!

(Y/N): Shit!

(Y/N) flies towards the Leviathan.

Suddenly, the Leviathan opens its maw and lunges toward Ruby...

Ruby: (reeling back) J--JINN!!!

Suddenly, time stops. Everything slows down and freezes, even Yang who calls out her sister's name and (Y/N) who was about to swing on the Leviathan.

Yang: Ruby!

Ruby then breathes a sigh of relief as she hears the rattling chains of Jinn.

Ruby: I'm sorry... I don't have a question for you. I just... I just needed a little more time...