A Very Different New Year - Seventeen

TW// blackout, hospital, anxiety

The Christmas celebrations were over and it was time to start getting ready for new years. The end of year shows were draining as there were more intense than usual but everyone was in the holiday spirit, everyone except Hoshi that is.

He had been a bit rundown and burned out before the holiday season had started but there was nothing he could do and he didn't want to disappoint the fans. Now he knew it was just a little longer. He was about ready to drop but they had one performance left, the new year performance, and then they had time off. Just a little more," he kept telling himself, "just a little more."

Finally, December 31st arrived and they were brought to the venue. Hoshi slept in the car on the way and only woke up when S.Coups shook him awake. It wasn't like him to sleep in the car but no one was concerned. It made sense. They were all a bit worn down.

Pretty soon they were on stage for the stage rehearsal and then again for the camera rehearsal before they shuffled to their dressing room to get hair and makeup done. A few of them fell asleep in the waiting room and were woken up for the last minute preparations before the final performance which would be an hour later.

All too and they were backstage. Hoshi felt slightly dizzy but he told himself "This is it. After this we're done." With that thought on his mind he got on to the lowered platform as a music started and it began to rise. The bright lights were trained on the group as they started their performance which disoriented Hoshi but he shook his head and tried to focus.

The performance went well until the climax where Hoshi did the flip from the top of his friends which had made a human pyramid, at least he was supposed to. He climbed up in tune to the music and jumped when his vision went black. He felt himself land on his back, he felt a sharp pain shoot up his leg, he heard the screams, and then his hearing went too.

The music went on in the background as the rest of Seventeen stood there in shock. After a few seconds, S.Coups broke out of it and ran to Hoshi, feeling for a pulse. "Vernon," he said, "go get a medic, Minghao, get me a wet towel for his head, DK, bring me a phone." The three went off to do what their leader had said. Slowly, everyone else broke out of their shock and started reacting. Seungkwon, being incredibly close to Hoshi, started crying. Woozi went over to him to comfort him but was pretty shaken himself. Dino, being the youngest and hating seeing his hyungs in pain, went with Vernon to find a medic, Wonwoo and Mingyu sat next to S.Coups trying to help but feeling helpless as there was nothing to do. Joshua had a panic attack on stage and Jun and Jeonghan got him backstage to get him away from all the chaos. The fans were all yelling and screaming until S.Coups looked up and asked for silence. They all looked worriedly on.

DK came back soon with the phone and S.Coups called for an ambulance. Minghao came back and place the wet towel on Hoshi's forehead to keep him from overheating. A medic ran in after a few minutes and started taking his vitals. When the ambulance came, he was lifted onto the stretcher and wheeled off the stage. S.Coups turn to the fans and told them, "We are sorry we have to end it here. We hope to come back with even better stages and even better music. Happy new year!" The venue was silent as the rest of the members walked off the stage before erupting in noise. The next group was called out and started their performance and the night continued on like nothing had happened.

S.Coups packed up Hoshi's stuff as everyone else packed up their own and soon they were all on their way to the hospital. Hoshi was already in a room with an IV when they got there. S.Coups, Seungkwon, Woozi, and Dino went into the room and everyone else stayed in the waiting room. The TV and the waiting room was playing the show they had just come from. Stray Kids was performing an extended version of Case 143 at the moment but they weren't really paying attention.

Hoshi finally came to an hour before midnight. He looked around confused. "How did I get here?" He asked.

"You blacked out on stage," Woozi told him. "You're in the hospital."

Dino ran to get a doctor and went to tell everyone that Hoshi was up. They all breathed a sigh of relief and went with Dino back to the room. They came in time to hear the doctor reprimanding Hoshi. "You overworked yourself Young man," he said, "you ended up blacking out with a broken leg because of it." The doctor said before telling him, "Go sign the release papers, you can go home." The doctor handed him a pair of crutches and they all accompanied him to the front desk where he signed the papers and they went back home.

They walked in the front door and settled Hoshi on the couch before settling around him. They turned on the TV just as the final countdown started.

"Happy new year!" Everyone yelled as a fireworks went off around the neighborhood. They watched the closing of the show seeing all the groups who had performed that night except for them. As they all made their closing comments the MC mentioned that Hoshi was at home and resting well. They heard the audience cheer from at home in their living room and Hoshi smiled. He knew he gave his best even though it ended up in him being injured and he was satisfied.

"Happy New Year's guys!" He said.