Surprise Trip - Stray Kids

The dorm was flying. For the first time in a long time, Stray Kids had a two month vacation and it had started at the beginning of December. Chan and Felix had decided to go to Australia to visit their families. Everyone else had gone to their homes as well for the first three weeks before coming back to the dorm. Chan and Felix had been planning on coming back as well but their plane, and all the other planes for the next month, were cancelled. There were no planes in or out. The airports were on strike.

Back in the dorm, everything was everywhere. Their leader wasn't there to keep them in check. It got so crazy that they all decided on their own that they needed to do something.

They placed Lee Know as temporary leader effective immediately and he took the job very seriously. In two short days, the dorm was pretty functional again.

New year was approaching and they all wanted to do something special but Chan and Felix weren't there. They tossed ideas around but none of them would have worked until Hyunjin said "We can fly."

"Did you forget that the airport is on strike?" Seungmin asked. Hyunjin grinned. "Nope. You didn't let me finish. We can fly to New Zealand and from there, take a boat to Australia. The ports are still open. From there we'll go to a hotel and stay until New Years Eve. On New Years Eve we'll head over and surprise Chan and Felix." They all loved the plan and decided to leave the next day. They all went to pack.

The beginning of the plan went off without a hitch and they were soon in Australia in the hotel. "Umm, guys," Jeongin said. "We should probably let Chan and Felix's families know what we are planning."

"Oh my god you're right!" Hyunjin, being his usual dramatic self, shrieked. "We have two days," Changbin rolled his eyes.

"We can call them now."

"I'll do it," Lee Know offered. The rest of them nodded and Lee Know went to the balcony to call Chan.

"Hi Chan," he said as Chan picked up. "How do you manage to be our leader? It's a mess here without you and I'm struggling as the temporary leader. Come back quick!"

Chan laughed good naturedly. "I hope to be back soon. Felix and I miss you guys."

"We miss you too. We all wish we could spend New Years together. Speaking of which, what are you doing for New year?"

"Me and Felix's family are getting together. I really wish we could come back and spend it with you."

"I do to Chan. Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year Lee Know."

Lee Know hung up the phone and yelled "good news guys! They're getting together for New Years. Does anyone have Chan's parents number?"

"I do," Changbin said. "I'll call them." He stepped into a side room and dialed. "Hello," Mrs. Bang answered the phone. "How are you Changbin-ah?"

"I'm doing great. How about you?"

"I'm just fine. I'm so happy to have my Channie home for New Year even though I know he misses you and you miss him."

"About that," Changbin grinned, "We wanted to surprise them. We took a boat into Australia and we're all in a hotel. We heard Felix's family is also coming by. We wanted to surprise the two of them."

"I love that! I'm so glad my son had you guys as friends."

"You're son really is the best. Anyways, can you tell Felix's parents for us?"

"For sure. I'll see you guys New Years Eve?"

"Yup. See you then."

He hung up the phone and went back to where everyone was waiting in the living room. "We've got a date!" He yelled. Everyone cheered. They were all so excited to surprise them.

Chan showered and dressed in his nice clothes. There was a knock at the door and Chan's mom asked him to get it. Felix stood in the door, his family behind him. "I miss the guys," Felix said. "Me too." The two sat down next to each other and everyone else sat down as well. There were six extra chairs.

"Mom, what are the extra chairs for?" Chan asked.

"I invited one other family over for New Years dinner. I also set up the guest rooms because they've been staying in a hotel. They should be here in five or ten minutes."

Chan nodded and sat back, talking to Felix. Five minutes later, a knock came at the door. Mrs. Bang walked to the door and opened it, revealing the rest of the Stray Kids members.

"What...how..." Felix couldn't form a full sentence. Chan just sat staring. "Surprise," Lee Know said.

"They took a boat," Chan's mom said, answering the unasked question. The two sat there dumbly staring at the rest. Finally Felix spoke. "Are you real?" He asked.

"What do you think?" Jisung asked back.

"But... how?" Chan asked.

"You're mom already told you," Jeongin said.

After Felix and Chan finally got over their shock, and everyone had hugged each other, they sat down to eat. There was so much food that there was a ton of leftovers. Finally, they all sat down in front of the tv for the countdown.

5...

...4...

...3...

...2...

...1...

"Happy New Year!" They all yelled. "Let's make this year, 2024, the best one yet!"

A/N I changed this one to 2024...