Duet Of Wisdom & Courage

a/n - the ending of this chapter has been changed. 

***

Though the sun was rising in the sky, Izuku and Zelda both wanted to sleep. On warping home, the duo slipped into proper nightwear, they hopped into bed together (To sleep. Just to sleep. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

He was tired, but he couldn't sleep. Zelda was already snoring softly, but his mind was racing.

It'd been a long day. He barely even had time to properly process his new aide, the spirit of the sword, Fi. The spirit had given him important information from time to time, recently the location of where the blood moon had taken effect. Now that Fi wasn't constantly expending so much energy keeping Demise's consciousness contained, she could now manifest a physical form and speak to Izuku much more clearly.

"Fi?" Izuku suddenly said, sitting up in bed.

"You called, Master Izuku?" the spirit asked, manifesting by the bedside, ready to help her charge in any way she could.

"I wanted to apologize."

Fi wasn't used to being speechless.

"I do not believe you have anything to apologize for, Master," she replied, recovering quickly.

"No, I do," he said, shaking his head. His voice was laced with guilt. There was a high chance he was telling the truth, Fi decided.

"What do you wish to apologize for?"

Izuku opened his mouth, but embarrassment stopped him from actually saying anything, and Fi floated closer.

"Master, I will likely accept your apology," she stated sincerely. "But if you need to get this off your chest, I am listening."

Fi's unwavering loyalty didn't actually help. Izuku was so touched that he floundered further, unable to find his voice. Soft giggles suddenly emanated from the form on the bed beside him.

"You're awake?!" Izuku exclaimed, regaining his voice.

"I have been for some time now," Zelda admitted, rolling over to face her partner and the spirit.

"Mistress Zelda, do you know what the Master wishes to apologize for?" Fi asked.

"Zelda—"

"I can't say for sure," she started, and the tension in Izuku's shoulders loosened some. "But... if I had to guess, I would say that it has something to do with him attempting to shave with the sword."

Caught, Izuku nodded morosely, before dropping his head in shame, much to Zelda's amusement.

"I see," Fi said. Izuku looked back up, and he could swear that the spirit was smiling. "I appreciate the apology, Master," she said with a small curtsy, before returning to the blade propped up by the nightstand.

"We're shaving that tomorrow, by the way," Zelda said as she settled back into bed, her chuckles subsiding.

Izuku groaned and fell back into bed next to her. "G'night, Fi," he murmured.

"Good night, Master," her voice replied.

'What, we don't get a good night?'

'Everyone except Revali, good night,' Izuku thought to the vestiges, and they all replied happily.

'Hmmph.'

***

The two started their day properly in the late morning, and just as Zelda promised, the first thing they dealt with was Izuku's scruff. With his newfound appreciation for sleep, Izuku wanted to stay in bed, but his partner dragged him to the bathroom, and before he knew it, half his face was under a layer of shaving cream. Zelda then brandished a razor.