Predecessor Duodecet

"Lemillion hasn't told me about the vestiges yet, All Might."

"Hm. Maybe Midoriya's case was a one-time thing," Toshinori theorized. "Also, it seems that Mirio's power reserves are far less than Midoriya's."

"I'd think that Lemillion just has better natural control over the immense power."

"It just seems... I don't know. At it's core, One for All is a stockpiling quirk that can be passed on, it has been building power for generations, so logically, Mirio should be able to throw a SMASH attack stronger than me or the villain ever could."

"I don't know what answer you're looking for, All Might. You've asked him to try to use it at full power, yes?"

"Yes, and it was weak." Toshinori sighed. "Well, this might be a blessing in disguise. Young Togata has already come so far on his own. Throwing an unpredictable and uncontrollable quirk into the mix could've been a detriment."

"Lemillion is strong," Nighteye said defensively."...unlike that spineless snake you picked."

"Now, Nighteye, enough of that," Toshinori said, biting back a snarl. His old sidekick had really laid into him when Midoriya was exposed. Their relationship had since improved, but the 'traitor' was still a sore spot. Toshinori rubbed a exasperated hand over his face, his eyes then spying the clock on the wall. He was late for a faculty meeting.

"I have to go. Enjoy the rest of your day, Mirai."

"Fine. Goodbye, All Might," The call ended, and All Might sighed. Something was off with One for All, but what? Could Midoriya have tampered with it? No, he'd felt power flow into him when he'd digested the hair, and he'd felt it flow back out when Mirio digested it. Thoughts for later. Now, he had to get to that meeting.

***

Toga had passed out almost the second they set foot in the house. After a few minutes convincing Inko and Zelda to let her crash on the couch, which they agreed to, after Izuku had offered to keep and eye on her throughout the night.

Izuku was more than happy to do so. He wanted to talk with the vestiges and champions tonight. Sometimes, when ever the spirits in his head just felt like talking, Izuku felt like an apartment building. With the seven previous wielders of One for All, and the five champions of Hyrule, he was giving room to a whooping twelve other consciousnesses. Well, it wasn't that bad. Some of them didn't talk at all, mainly the older wielders of One for All. Two and Three had warmed up to Izuku, but kept silent most of the time. He enjoyed talking to them, the ones that came before him. His predecessors.

"Guys?" Izuku called out, looking at nothing at particular.

"We're here, kiddo!" The boisterous voice of Daruk was the first to reply. "Whaddaya need?"

"I dunno, I never really expected to be back home. Now that I am, I think I'd like to be a hero."

"Stop me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it these 'heroes' that stabbed you in the back?"

"I know, Revali, but I'm not being a hero for them, I'm being a hero to help people out."

"That's why we stuck around." Nana told him. "That and we unanimously agreed that All Might is a dumbass. Sorry again. Thought I taught him better than that."

"It's fine. Not sure if I want to be a vigilante. I have a family now. Don't want to be on the wrong side of the law."

"I'm sorry, what was that you did in the forest?" En teased, briefly joining the conversation.