Hero's Rhapsody

"For this exercise, we're simulating how well a group of you fare against a strong villain. This is to test your teamwork, and how well you can work together."

The scene of today's session was an arena, not unlike the tournament grounds from the Sports Festival.

"I wonder who the villain will be?" Midoriya mumbled to himself, earning a glare from a few of his classmates. He didn't notice, however, he was too busy running through a list of pros.

"Midoriya will be playing the role of villain."

"M-Me?"

"Yes, you," Aizawa spat angrily. Midoriya was taken aback by Aizawa's snapping. The teacher sighed and explained. "You have a powerful quirk, and you already work well with your classmates in battle."

It didn't feel like they worked well together recently, Midoriya thought, nevertheless blushing slightly at the praise.

"Your first batch of opponents will be..." Aizawa glanced at his tablet. "Uraraka, Todoroki, and Bakugo." Midoriya gulped.

"Mr. Aizawa..." the boy started, and Aizawa groaned.

"Bakugo and Todoroki will wear quirk dampeners. Anything else?" Aizawa asked. Midoriya shook his head. The teacher seemed to be in a bad mood today. "Timed battle, heroes and villains start on opposing sides of the arena. Midoriya, get up there. You three, come over here."

From his corner in the arena, he watched as Aizawa handed the cuffs to Todoroki and Bakugo. The teacher was whispering something to the three, but Izuku had no idea what he was saying. The three heroes nodded and climbed up to the arena, and stared Midoriya down.

The fight was a blur.

Right off the bat, Erasure was activated, and Izuku's quirk was nullified.

Before he could process why his quirk wasn't working, a vicious explosion from Bakugo struck him. He was knocked flying towards the edge of the arena. For a split second, his mind was cast backwards, back to the halls of Aldera High. He quickly regained awareness when he felt One for All thrum back into being.

First things first, distance, he needed distance. Distance gave him time to come up with something. He planted his feet back on the ground and, dialing his quirk up to a brisk 5%, kicked off into the air, activating Float, his most recent addition to his arsenal.

The crackling of Todoroki's ice quirk directed his attention back to the arena. The glacier was shooting towards him at an alarming rate.

'I-It doesn't look like his quirk is dampened at all!' Izuku panicked. Calming down and aiming a flick, he fired off a blast, breaking the ice apart. 'I guess everyone has gotten that much stronger.'

He was safe, if only for a second. Not long enough.

Uraraka had gotten on a large piece of ice, and Bakugo had sent it and the girl flying at him.

'The ice should've been shattered by Kacchan's explosions... Todoroki must've made it specifically stronger to withstand them and Uraraka made it and herself weightless so she could reach me.'

Izuku was proud to see them working together. Float stopped working at that point, and Izuku began to fall.

'Erasure again?! Crap, what do I do?' Izuku panicked again. Uraraka and her ice platform were still headed his way, he decided to aim for her. He'd figure it out from there.

He got closer and they made eye contact. She was glaring fiercely at him. He'd seen her determined look, and he knew it well, but this was different.

'Villain,' he heard her mutter, just before she punched him.

Hero of Hyruleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें