Requiem to a Reunion

Sheik followed Nezu through the halls, Aizawa behind him. He could just barely pick up the hero muttering about the 'idiot that was supposed to be here.' Seems his old mentor hadn't changed much.

The principal's office. It'd been a while since he was here last.

Like he'd requested, Detective Tsukauchi was waiting in the office as well. The detective's eyes widened at the sight of the vigilante. He hadn't dared to believe it, but here he was, the elusive Sheik, just strolling into the office.

"Afternoon," the detective greeted. "Glad to see all those schedule changes were worth it."

Sheik remained silent as Nezu took his seat behind his desk, while Aizawa chose a corner to cross his arms and glare menacingly in.

"Let's just get this over with," the vigilante muttered, raising a hand to the white cloth draped around his head and shoulders.

'Just hopping straight into the deep end, huh?' Nana chuckled.

He pulled it off, and the room stopped breathing.

Only for a second.

"I had an inkling this was the case," Nezu remarked, his tone notably less cheerful. "I hoped it wasn't, though. I would've been content with never seeing you again, Midoriya."

Izuku let out a shaky chuckle. He expected this; they did believe him to be a villain, but being met with it after all this time riled up so many emotions all at once.

"It's... good to see you again, Principal, Sensei," he greeted tersely. "I just want to ask a few questions, and... tell my side of the story; like you guessed."

"You could've done that without the theatrics," Aizawa sneered. "And why did you pull the detective here?"

"So that I know you'll take what I say seriously this time," Izuku hissed back.

"I could place him under arrest, but if you want to hear him out...?" Tsukauchi trailed off, glancing at Nezu.

"Sure, let's hear him out," Nezu nodded. "I doubt his side of the story is anything new."

Izuku scowled at that, unable to help himself.

"Okay," he said, clearly trying to temper his anger. "Let's talk, then."

"Please," Nezu nodded.

"Hopefully, this is the last time I say this," he murmured. "I, Izuku Midoriya, did not steal documents to pass on to the League of Villains. I am not, and have never been, a villain, and was not working alongside All for One while I was a student here."

Nezu had a disappointed look in his eyes, Aizawa audibly groaned in annoyance, and Tsukauchi was... oddly silent.

"Detective?" Izuku asked, knowing exactly what his quirk had told him.

"He's telling the truth," the detective informed them.

And for the second time that afternoon, the room stopped breathing.

'Stunned silence never has sounded so sweet,' Daigoro chuckled, and Izuku had to agree.

Izuku was feeling a lot of things all at once, to be honest. Vindication and catharsis almost overwhelmed him and he had to take a deep breath, lest he break down in tears.

"I take it you're finally ready to listen, " he snarled, surprising even himself with how much anger was in his voice.

Neither Aizawa nor Nezu responded, so he continued talking.

"I know Toga probably was ruled out because she supposedly didn't have access to enough of my blood," he started. "And Detective Tsukauchi must've been out of the country or something."