7. Downward Spiral

Mission

The longer I stood outside Jade's door, the more my gut twisted. I wanted to apologize for the weekend. Seeing her at the game had thrown me off, and if it wasn't for me quickly swapping out the cards the dealer had given me, we could all be in a ditch somewhere. But it wasn't the game that I couldn't stop thinking about. All I could see was Jade moving as the rail collapsed.

So similar to the last time it had happened.

I'd grabbed her. I'd saved her. There was no heavy thud and mess that seeped into the carpet. Still, I couldn't sleep for the nightmares. I don't think I'd had more than a handful of hours since it happened. I ground the heel of my hands against my eyes, trying to wipe away the flashes that rolled through my mind. The door cracked open, and I heard Jade's husky laugh.

"You rest up, sugar. I know you're exhausted."

I straightened against the wall like I'd been electrocuted. Jade ducked around the door and closed it, a soft smile turning her lips. She jerked when she spotted me, her eyes flicking to the closed door. My vision blurred, stolen by a wave of rage.

"Who've you got in there?" I growled. Jade's lip curled up, and she jutted out her hip.

"None of your business Mission." She splayed her back against the door, as if forming a wall between me and whoever she'd 'exhausted'. I couldn't control the furious rage that consumed my veins. I didn't deserve her, but the thought of her with someone else? It made me want to punch a hole through the wall.

"Outsiders aren't allowed to stay in the club, you know that." I bit out, stepping closer to her. Her head snapped back, and her eyes turned flinty.

"Who says it's an outsider? I fucked plenty of your brothers before." She taunted, and I gasped for air. The words were a punch to my gut. I knew that. I knew she could take whoever she wanted to bed. But the thought of her tangled up around Greenie, Rooster, or any of the guys had me losing it. I was scrambling on the edge of a tightrope, trying so hard to stay away when all I wanted was to be close. I gave in to the pull she had on me, melding my body against hers. She smelled like the coconut body wash she always used. Her hands landed on my chest, and I expected her to push me away, but she didn't. She looked at me, as if daring me to kiss her.

So, I did.

Damn me, but I couldn't say no to her soft lips. Shiny with lip gloss. As her tongue slid into my mouth, I moaned. I coasted my hands down her body, overloaded with the sensations inside of me. I'd memorized her skin, but the warmth pressed against me had me spinning. The short, sharp inhale she made as I gripped her legs and wound them around my waist made me instantly hard.

It was everything I'd been missing.

"Wildcat, fuck." I breathed against her skin. She tilted her hips against mine, and I met her with a fierce urgency. I was so lost to her that I was tempted to fill her with my cock right here in the hallway. But I didn't want to share any inch of her, especially not with whoever she had in her room. I wanted to erase the memory of anyone else.

"Come back to my room, please. Let me inside your sweet pussy." I pulled away, driven wild by her closeness and the sight of her red-cheeked and ravaged. My stubble had made her skin bloom red and there was something primal in me that was satisfied.

My mark. I wished I could make a permanent one.

"You want to sink that hard cock inside me?" Jade looped her arms around my neck. "You want to fuck against the door of your room? Spin me around and have me screaming on the end of your bed? You want me to ride you until you beg for me to stop?"