4. Unbothered

Jade

Mina was pressing her breasts together and tossing a sultry look at Taylor's camera. She pushed up on the leather bike's seat. Sweat beaded on her skin from the beating sun and she nearly lost her balance on the slick bike. It was exactly how I'd envisioned it.

"How was that? Are you hard Rooster?" She fluttered her lashes at the stoic biker.

"You look very beautiful." He said through gritted teeth. He slanted me a look. "My bike is going to reek of perfume after this, isn't it?" He said out the side of his mouth with a resigned scowl.

"You're welcome." I teased him and he shook his head.

"You're such a gentleman," Mina mock swooned as Taylor checked the screen. "I need something hard to prop me up. I promise to make it good for you."

"Pick me sugar. You don't have to be shy. I can take alllll you've got." Lizzy purred, blowing him a kiss.

"The girls look a little peaked. Maybe you could rustle up some water?" Taylor asked, her eyes dancing as Rooster stalked away, muttering under his breath. Ever since the girls had realized the inspiration behind his road name, they had been on him like flies. He batted them away with a steadily rising annoyance. He refused to take any of the club girls to bed, especially now that there was a bet on whichever girl confirmed he was as big as rumored. Unluckily for him, I needed to borrow a bike, and he was available.

"Mina, my panties are soaked." I hollered with a wink. "Let's get a group one."

The girls rushed in, adjusting their scantily clad lingerie to highlight their assets. They writhed over the bike, sexy as hell and perfect for what I had in mind for the bar. My lungs expanded, deep satisfaction at seeing my vision come to light. I hadn't told Iron what I had planned yet, but he seemed remarkably relaxed about it all. He'd waved a hand at me when I'd tried to talk about stock take, pinning me with a long look.

"Jade, I trust you. Whatever stock you think we need, order it. It's your bar, so go wild."

My bar. The idea sent a giddy shiver through me. It had been a long time since I'd ever considered anything to be mine.

"Are we going to hang out soon? I've been missing you." Taylor murmured from behind the camera. Video was her forte, but Wings had got her a fancy new camera and she already had such a brilliant eye for creative shots. She hadn't promised me that the photos would be any good, but I didn't think it mattered. I just wanted something sexy, something personal, to put my stamp on the bar. It still seemed empty from where The Wall used to sprawl. When I finished, it was going to look amazing. I jumped up and down behind her, my cheeks aching from smiling as the girls faked moans. They only got louder as Rooster rounded the corner, bottled water cradled in his arms. He froze, thrusting them into my arms and storming off again.

I watched him go with a wry smile. If he just slept with one of the club girls, they would leave him alone. Plus, he'd get to enjoy himself for once. I don't know what was holding him back. He hadn't shifted out of the mentality of being a prospect. Still taking up the shit jobs that nobody else wanted.

He hadn't forgiven himself for what part he played with Taylor being hurt. Even though everyone else had forgiven him. He and Taylor were close again, much to Wings disgruntlement. I sighed, and I put the bottles to the side and turned to look at Taylor.

"I miss you to my girl, but I saw you just yesterday." The girls ambled over and grabbed the water after I told them we were done. Taylor lowered the camera and waited for the girls to wander inside.

"No, I mean, hang out somewhere other than the bar. As much as I adore seeing you in your element, watching Mission spend the night staring at you was disconcerting. Doesn't it bother you?" she sighed, unscrewing the cap on the bottle and taking a swig.