bonus chapter<3

please read the note i left at the end, it is very important to me.

The two love birds were exploring the forest together, the sun was as bright as it has never been before. It was heaven, strictly speaking. Rhea's bow was on her back, and she was shining. Her hair has never been so beautiful before, and she looked like a woman. And the only thing Neteyam could do was to admire her jumping from branches to branches and think how lucky he is to have her in his afterlife. And how lucky he was to have her in his life. He gently smiles before following her.

"How is Tuk doing? Rhea asks curiously.

- Great. But she always looks sad when she comes. I never know why. Same for my parents." He answers as he stands up on a branch and looks at the landscape in front of him.

There was huge waterfalls, enormous mountains and birds flying everywhere, filling the sky with colourful colours. Rhea turns to him, admiring her loved-one. His braids were so thin and his eyes were shining, and Rhea can not help but think he has become a man, a better man. His face traits became harder and he looked like his father. They both grew up so much, becoming new persons. And they can not be prouder of each other than they already are.

"Yes, I know what you mean. Tsireya acts the same when she comes here." Rhea says before sliding her hand on Neteyam's shoulder.

He was wearing a wooden choker with arms jewelry, he looked perfect. And Rhea loved how his braids were freely swinging through the wind. She didn't know how to explain this feeling, but everything feels the same but so new at the same time. As if nothing changed but this world isn't the same they used to live in before. Everything felt so much more at peace, no war, no arguing, just love and peace.

Neteyam takes a deep breath before turning to his wife. He cutely smiles at her before sliding his hand on her stomach, her little baby bump he loved so much.

"It doesn't matter. The only thing that's important to me right now is this baby." He whispers, looking down at his wife's stomach.

He looks back up at her eyes and meets her shining gaze. It was like she had thousands of stars in her eyes. She tilts her head to the side with a proud smile before resting her hand on his and approaching her face to his.

"If that's a boy, I want to call him Rotxo. She whispers.

- And if that's a girl, we'll call her Emey." Neteyam whispers back.

Rhea bites her bottom lip before nodding her head positively. The truth is she didn't care about the gender or the baby's name, she just wanted to have this children with her, in her arms.

"I love you." Neteyam says.

Rhea stifles a laugh before kissing him, Neteyam's lips became a comforting thing to Rhea. His kisses and his touch always made her feel safe. She was so glad Neteyam was her first and last love. Neteyam smiles against her lips before sliding his hand on her lower back,  caressing her Toruk's wings tattoo.

Neteyam slightly steps back before looking into her eyes, finding peace in her gaze. The way he looked at her was weird, everything he has lived with her felt like a fever dream. It felt real for a moment, but then everything became a fever dream, and Neteyam couldn't find the words to explain this strange feeling.

And Rhea wish she could tell him why. Because she knew why, but she decided she should keep it to her for now and tell him later. Rhea also ignored she was dead for a long time, but she slightly realized after Neteyam stopped visiting her and simply stayed with her all the time overnight. She realized he killed himself to be with her, to have this life he now has with her. And to Rhea, this is a true proof of love. He gave up on everything to be with her.

When Rhea found out, she asked Eywa, and she confirmed. She said that now that Rhea knew, it would be too dangerous for her to stay here if she didn't keep the secret. Eywa offered her to go back among the living. But Rhea refused, not wanting to leave Neteyam behind her, not after the sacrifice he made for her. And she liked it here, in heaven among Eywa. Maybe she will change her mind about Eywa's offer when Neteyam will know about all of this. But this is a long decision both of them have to think about.

"We should go back, my father's probably waiting for us.

- Yes you're right." Neteyam answers with a grin.

They both start to climb down the tree before walking in the forest towards the village where they will meet Tsu'tey. Rhea really hopes she will find an opportunity to tell him everything because living with this burden on the shoulders is really hard for her, and she finds it heartbreaking to know that the people around her are unconscious of their death.

Neteyam admires Rhea as she keeps talking about how it feels to be pregnant. He looks at her eyes, her thin eyes. They were blue, so blue and perfect. Neteyam felt like he was diving into the ocean and swimming in a vaste lake whenever he looked at her. And her lips, he can not help but think that those same lips were kissing his and were moving against his body last night. Neteyam can not find a better way to feel happy, Rhea is his way.

She is his way of love.

author's note
I MISSED Y'ALL.
SO SO SO MUCH.
and this is why i wrote this bonus chapter, to talk to you all again<3

i wrote this (very) short bonus to give an update on Neteyam's and Rhea's routine in the afterlife lol.
you can imagine their life there however you want;)

i also missed writing a lot, and this is why i am releasing a new story, which is a jake sully fanfiction:)

it's an enemies to lovers trope with A LOT of tension, and its linked to this story, so if you liked this one, i invite you to read searing touch which is now available<3

feel free to check it out<3

xo