06.

I was on the roots, trying to hunt some birds for my mother for dinner tonight. The feathers on the end of my arrow were gently caressing my cheek as I tried to aim a red bird on a branch. I take a deep breath and finally uncheck the arrow. The sharp stone lands in the middle of the bird's head, unaliving him. My arm holding my bow lowers gently.

My mother offered it to me when I was eleven, she sculpted it herself, it is made with wood and a blue and white paint was decorating it. My initials were engraved on it. As I am about to walk away towards the dead bird, I hear a familiar voice calling me.

"Rhea!"

I turn around and see Aonung. I roll my eyes and sigh. What does he want? I turn back and ignore him as I walk over the bird.

"Rhea! He calls again.

- What?!" I turn around and hit him with my bow.

He falls back on the roots and unfortunately don't fall in the water under them.

"Aouch! Damn!" He yells as his butt lands on the root.

He gets back on his feet and dust off his clothes covering his intimate part.

"What do you want Aonung?" I ask annoyed.

I honestly don't want to know what he wants. I just wanted to be alone, by myself because having a little time alone on this island is sometimes very difficult. So I'll just directly ask him what he wants so we can end this quickly.

"Why did you want to go with him?

- Who are you talking about?" I ask as I frown.

I turn my back to him and walk to the bird, he follow me and I can hear him sighing. I squat in front of the bird and take off the arrow as I put the dead body in the bucket I brought with me.

"Neteyam of course!" He says.

I stand up and turn back to him, meeting his gaze. He seemed so jealous, I could read it in his eyes. And I do not even know why he is so pressed about it. Why does he care?

"I wanted to be partners with him so you don't. I did not do it by choice.

- Why don't you want me to be partners with him?" He asks.

Is he really asking me that? I always see him bullying the Sully kids with Rotxo and his other friends I don't like. And now he acts ignorant, I hate when he does this.

"Because you are a dick Aonung."

I approach him and ink my gaze in his, I point my finger to him and speak up.

"Neteyam is not a good swimmer like you, stop being so hard on him.

- I am not being hard on him. He is just a very bad swimmer.

- Just give them time! They arrived here two days ago and they only know how to swim." I say.

He rolls his eyes. I hate when he acts so childish like this. Why can't he be nice like he was when he gave me the shell necklace I am still wearing.

"It's not my problem. Why are you defending them like that? You have been knowing them for only two days!

- I am not defending them!" I shout, mad at him.

He was truly pissing me off. I don't know what is keeping me from pushing him again and just stab him in the leg with the arrow I am holding in my hand.

"I am being fair. You are being rude to them." I say firmly.

He sighs again making his chest fall down a little bit. I know I was also pissing him off with all of this. Not because he was arguing with me for the seventh time this week but because he knew I was right. But he is not going to admit it, and he is going to keep bullying them.