10.

After the lesson, Neteyam went to talk to his brother and Rotxo just kept playing with Tuk in the water. I was taking off the stool of the Ilu as I saw Aonung coming my way, and I already know this will end up badly. I don't want to confront him for that, I already know what he is going to reproach me. I turn to the pontoon and put the stool on it as I hear Aonung's voice calling me.

"Hey, Rhea! Can I talk to you?" He says.

I turn to him and sigh, already knowing how this will end up. We are going to argue. I just know it. I look up at him and meet his gaze.

"What do you want Aonung?" I ask annoyed.

He scratches the back of his neck nervously before speaking up in a calm tone.

"How was the lesson?" He asks.

I raise one eyebrow. Well, at least he asks how it went which is quite good and abnormal to start an argument.

"Great. And you? I hope you didn't annoy Kirri.

- I didn't. I think." He answers.

He thinks? How can he be sure he didn't annoy Kirri? He is so weird, I swear to Eywa. I simply nod, I still can ask Kirri to really make sure he didn't say anything mean to her but I trust Aonung on this. And if he tells me he didn't bully her, then he didn't.

But he didn't say anything about me and Neteyam and I am surprised, but I know he will point it out to me anyway, and I wouldn't have thought it would be now.

"Well I am pretty sure your lesson was great since you seemed to have a lot of fun with Neteyam." He says, grumbling.

Seriously? What a jerk. The conversation was alright until he had to open his big ass mouth to say that stupid thing. What's the point? I look up at him as I frown in an exhausted way. He is really so tiring.

"Why are you acting like we are together?" I ask.

He chuckles before rising his eyebrows with a smile, a smile that was saying 'seriously? you are asking me this?', he answers me in a sigh.

"I know we aren't but everybody knows we'll end up together because it's meant to be!

- Meant to be?" I ask as I squint my eyes and tilt my head.

I hated his audacity so much. I know he wasn't saying we were together, but yes indeed I know I would end up with him when we're older because it is what everyone wants. That is what his parents want, what my mother wants but it is not what I want and I will certainly not please them.

"Yes! I mean, look at me in the eyes and tell me we'll never finish our lives together." He tells me as he inks my gaze in his.

I frown. I look away. I couldn't say this looking at him in the eyes because I don't know if it is the truth. I don't want to end up in a relationship with him but I know this is what will happen if I don't find someone hierarchically better than Aonung, which is quite hard here.

"See, you can't say it. He says.

- But this doesn't mean I want to be with you Aonung! Stop treating me like I am yours." I say as I look back at him.

This isn't the first time I am having these kinds of conversations with him and I feel like I am just repeating what I have said a thousand times before.

"You are like a brother to me. I don't see myself finishing my life with you romantically. And you can't do jealousy crisis like this every time I am talking to a boy!" I say.

And it was surprising because every time I am talking to Yerino, Rotxo or any other boys in the island, he never becomes jealous, but he is when it's Neteyam and I really don't get why. Maybe he really felt threaten by Neteyam but how?

"Fine, you know what? Forget about it I didn't say anything." He retorts.

He turns his back to me and leaves. I call him but he doesn't rotates back and leaves. I sigh as get out of the water. I walk over Tsireya, Lo'ak, Neteyam, Kirri and Tuk. The little girl was in her sister's arms, I smile at her and speak up.

"Hey little girl.

- Hii! I really don't want to ride an Ilu, it seems so hard. Lo'ak kept falling." She ratts out her brother.

His jaw drops to the sand as he gasps and cutely smashes his hand against his sister's shoulder.

"No, it's not true!" He defends himself.

We all start to laugh as Tsireya turns to Kirri, she asks her how the lesson went for her with Rotxo and Aonung. And that is when I realize Rotxo joined Aonung after he talked to me. I could see them walking over the huts together.

"It was okay. Rotxo told me I was doing good for a first time. Aonung was quite silent. She says.

- At least, they didn't bother you." Lo'ak says.

I immediately look at Neteyam, we both smirk at each other. I am pretty sure that if Neteyam would've never asked me to talk to Aonung before the lesson, he would have bullied Kirri. But they didn't, thanks to me and Neteyam.

"By the way, we are organizing a campfire tonight after dinner. A night in small committee." Kirri says.

Neteyam raises his eyebrows before smiling and turning to Tsireya and I. He speaks up, addressing himself to both of us.

"Would you like to join us?

- Am I a part of the small committee?" Tuk asks.

Kirri puts her little sister back on the ground as Lo'ak answers her.

"No, your bedtime is right after dinner because you are still a baby.

- I am not a baby! You are a baby." She defends herself.

I giggle. I wish I had siblings so I could have these kind of relationship with them. But I already have Rotxo, Aonung and Tsireya, and I think it is enough for me.

"Hey! Stop fighting." Neteyam orders to his younger siblings.

Tuk crosses her arms against her chest in a mad way before turning her back to her brother Lo'ak. She rotates her head to him and sticks out her tongue.

"Tuk stop sticking out your tongue or I'll cut it out." Kirri says nonchalantly.

Tuk acts like she didn't stick out her tongue to her brother before walking over the water to play with the fishes. Lo'ak speaks up again.

"So, will you be there tonight?" He asks.

Tsireya turns to me. Well, not that I don't want to come, I just would like to spend some time alone tonight. I am about to talk, to tell them I won't be there but Tsireya immediately stops me and speaks up.

"We'll be there!" She says.

I widen my eyes and turn to her in a shocked way. What an idiot seriously. Always ruining my plans.

"Tsireya, I-

- You'll be free, right Rhea?" She asks again as she raises her eyebrows, discreetly nodding to Neteyam.

God, she is still on that. Plus I bet Neteyam noticed her head movement towards him. She is so dumb, I swear. I widen my eyes and make her understand she wasn't being discreet at all. I look at Neteyam and see him looking at Tsireya with a smirk before looking at me, inking his gaze in mine.

He gives me puppy eyes, begging me to accept. Like I did when I was begging him to tell me his name on the roots two days ago. I stifle a laugh, if I wanted to get to know him I have to spend time with him, and this campfire night is not such a bad idea, maybe I should accept their invitation. And the way Neteyam looks at me with puppy eyes, I can't refuse it.

"Yes, I'll be free." I finally say.

author's note
helloooo:)
what do you think about this new chapter?
i feel like it's so boring but dw the next one
will be less boring haha

its so funny to me how all of you guys feel sorry
for aonung 💀💀💀 dw you wont feel so sorry anymore when he will become a cunt

anyway!! what do you think will happen during the campfire?:)

don't forget to leave a vote if you liked it because i see a lot of you guys reading but not voting:)

xo