35

Dreams are dangerous things. They make you delusional. Make you think you want things you don't truly want. They make you desire.

Julian pulled Dante in an alcove. The vines running up the walls of the throne room hiding them from view. He didn't like the way people looked at Dante here.
Like they wanted to eat him.
Like ...
Dante looked like he belonged somehow, here in this magical place. It was the first time Julian felt like Dante wasn't a figment of his imagination. He looked real... here.
Things were starting to make sense. Even if they shouldn't.

"Dante?" He asked.
"I need to speak with the king." He suddenly whispered.
Julian wanted to say no like he had any say in the matter, he saw the guy on the throne and didn't like the sight of him at all.
He looked dangerous, and he was dangerous.
The court was dangerous on its own. And this was the king of the spring court.
From what Dante had told him in the hours before they came here.
When he taught him everything Eros had. The king once had a queen and they had several children. The crown prince Arren, and a princess.
Then she died. She and her new born child.
And everything that was left of him was vicious and cruel.

He wouldn't hear them speak. He'd make up some kind of game that ended in their tragic and cruel dead. And Julian was terrified.
He was an alpha werewolf who had looked dead in the eye a couple of times. He had seen people get ripped apart by rouges. He had seen a hunter skin a wolf alive. He had fought men, boys and racist so many times he didn't know his hands were capable of anything else but violence.

But this.

Dante didn't posses the fear he had and walked straight through the masses to the king.
He didn't seem to see the people parting for him.
Looking at him.
He didn't seem to see Eros not to far from the throne, smiling. Beaming as if this was all part of the plan. Like everything was coming together.

The king looked up once Dante was there and Julian wanted to grab him and run.
They were going to die.

Chatter died down, music stopped.
And then it was nothing but a silence so heavy and the sound of his mortal heart.

"Your majesty." Dante said with a small bow. Julian copied it but he went deeper. Like he felt those guards by the wall would slice his head off if he didn't.
He didn't let go of Dante's cold hand.

"Well Well, what is this then?" The king spoke in a song like voice.
Magic Thick in the air. Julian felt his knees buckle. He didn't know how much longer he could keep standing. The force around his was to intense.

"You may call me Dante."
Never give the fey your name.
"Dante." The king repeated. The smile on his face seemed amused, like that of a cat watching a little mouse play right before it would devour it alive.

"And what is it, Dante, that you are here for?"
Dante hesitated.

"I am here for..."
"That's interesting." A voice interrupted.
A young male with long dark hair and silver and green clothes suddenly stood by the throne. His eyes spoke of violence and his smile was like a snake.
His eyes were the lightest of green, his skin was golden.
Julian almost stumbled back like someone stuck him in the face.

One could not not see it.

Dante was silent.

"The night is young." The king said a cold and dismissive voice. He leaned back and looked away and that was it.
And the chatter started again and the music played.
Julian felt like he could breath again.
The prince, because he had to be a prince motioned for them to follow.
Dante looked at the king but he merely nodded.
Julian was terrified and relived at the same time.

The followed he prince down dark hallways until they were completely alone.

"My father didn't wish to speak with you in front of the court. It's filled with backstabbed and suck ups." He leaned against the wall.
A little smile tucked on his face.
There was no way anyone could not see it.
The resemblance.

"Besides... I figured you mind want to meet your brother first."

Yellow,

For those who know, you know.

I would also like to add that I am fiercely protective of my sweet characters and so Dante is a boy. Yes he is trans. He was born in the wrong body as many other humans have. Yes he went through transition. He struggled his way through. Just like many others in real life had to do. Yes he is a boy. Not a girl. No girl parts. No disrespecting him please. For fucks sake.
If you can't deal with this than please leave!

Thank you for reading! Please comment, vote and follow!

I am going to make a little bread today.