15

"I don't want to go back to the court." Dante said as Eros led him back to the lake. He felt like a little kid complaining on his parents arm.
Every step he took he felt his feet become heavier and it was like a rock settled in his stomach. Last time was.... He really didn't want to go back there.

The fae aren't in a place you can easily find, no one would ever stumble upon them, unless of course they wanted to. they aren't even in this country...
But because they are the most powerful magic of all it doesn't matter where you are you can always get there. Even if your technically over 500 kilometers away.
The way to get to the fae realm. The hidden people.

Is ... to cross the water, when the cloud covers the moon.

It wasn't that hard. But you needed to know what to look for. And to truly believe it was there.

All you need to do is find the closest water near you. A lake, a large steam, a rivier, an ocean may work but it's a little much. Then you wait until nightfall?
That's when you'll start to hear it.

A soft song, begging and sweet. Trying to lure you in. The laughter of something precious. The soft voices of men and woman sounding so attractive you'll want to plunge in the water and cross it. But in the water that's where the first creatures were, ready to trap you and drag you down. They would rape you on the bottom of the water and then eat you. Or just rip you to little shreds.

Eros gave Dante a glare.
"It doesn't matter what you want."
Dante knew that by now.
He hoped his father wouldn't check up on him this night.
He hated that he already hurt him by leaving the last time. Even though he could hardly remember.

Going to the court terrified him.

Suddenly the world became a lot darker. And Dante looked up to see a large cloud cover the moon. Eros grabbed his hand tightly in his own cold one. Nothing of it was comforting.
Dante looked to the other side of the lake and slowly saw a city emerge. It wasn't a city skyline like anywhere else. It were hills with little houses inside. Large trees and stunning castles and mansions. Covered in vines and blue soft glowing lights.

It was like you where looking at it thru a fog. Like it was there but not really.

Eros ripped him forward and they walked over the water. The only thing that got wet where his shoes. His socks where drenched by the time they crossed.
"You could have gotten a boat."
Eros ignored him.

The moment they hid the land the soft sounds changed to louder sounds.
And when he looked back there was no water behind him.
It was just large grey mountains and chilly cold air.

The country the realm of the fae resided in was grand.
It was wild.
It was a place nature got its own way and people just lived around it.
The people believed the hidden people existed here. They knew.
Maybe they though it to be more tradition that reality. But they knew.

Iceland was a beautiful country. And any other time Dante would have enjoyed to see more of the world. But right now . He stood at the edge of the fae realm. And he was terrified.

"Don't get eaten. And don't fuck anyone." Eros warned him.
Like he was stupid enough to do either.

The court saw him as a toy. If Eros took him to the wrong place and left him alone some fae would either eat him right there and then. Or trick him into making a deal.
They had some humans here but non of them where sound enough to recognize anything that was going on. And non of them where happy.

Eros always took him to the spring court.

He said the fae where devided by court and ruled by the fae kings. They where all immortal and unless nobody believed in the magic of the fae they would never die. Some could be older than time itself.
It freaked Dante out seeing their little beady eyes on him. Following his every move.
He was nothing in their eyes. Nothing.

There were four court as Dante knew. The spring court, summer court, autumn court and the winter court. The court didn't mix with each other, they occasionally fought a little war and made up after. But being at peace didn't mean you didn't get eaten, killed or raped if you didn't look out. But members of one court didn't go to the others.
They simply wouldn't survive.
All the creatures and fae who where part of the court belonged there.

Giants and ice creatures couldn't live outside their little forever frozen court.
The fire creatures belonged in the autumn court.
The summer fae loved their flowers and had the most humans captive.
They where the fae you heard stories about dancing around fires with flowers in their hair. Luring you to join them. But the moment you did you wouldn't be able to stop. Stuck to dance until your feet bled out and you died in their laughing arms.

The spring court was the most powerful.

Dante was grateful Eros never took him to the actual kings court.
It was just sketchy parties or strange caves.
And usually Dante hardly even remember where he had been after.
And when he came back he didn't remember how to use his bed side light or what his fathers face looked like.

The court effected humans who came to it.

Most of the once trapped probably had no clue where they came from or what they where called. They hardly even knew what they where doing. Some where just smiling around dazed while the fae touched them or played with them like they were pretty dolls. Dante knew he could be like them if Eros ever decided to do so.

He ducked his head down and followed Eros thru the party.

Wishing he could be anywhere else. Anywhere.

Flaming sharp theet and a dark giggling made him almost flinch but that would only make him a target.

Just think about something else.

Anything else.

Julian.

His face came to mind surprisingly easy.

Dark locks, dark eyes and that look in his eyes that looked like a kicked puppy.
Dante wouldn't have minded to know him better.
He knew he was attracted to him. He was just... his type.
He wasn't sure what it was. He knew Eros forbade it and obviously that only made it more alluring for him.

Perhaps he should pay more attention to his lessons and learn his own ways around things. He also needed to figure out why the heck Eros wanted him to come here. Why he insisted on teaching him all the fae laws and the ways of the fae. Why he made him drink the fae wine and why he made him play with the court.
He wasn't a fae.
So why was all of this necessary...

Dante really needed to figure that out quickly.

Eros left him alone in the corner of a party and he tried to Ignore the hungry eyes that where tracking his every move.
Never show weakness.
Dante rightened himself and sipped his wine.
Every single time the wine hit a little less hard on him. First time he didn't remember who he was for a whole day. Imagine if they gave it to a innocent human, they'd be kidnapped and tied to a bed before they could even understand what happened.
Some weird gnome creatures with red eyes and rows of pointy teeth grinned at him licking his lips.
Dante just stared back at him until he wondered of.
Even though his hearth wanted to beat harder and his hands felt like shaking.

Never show weakness.

Yellow, a little visit to the court. And yes of course the fae court is in Iceland, if you ever have a change to go there go ! It's such a cool place! So beautiful and yes filled with hidden things 😏
I hope you like it. I have some chapters left to post but I still have a writerblock with this story so I really hope I'll be able to figure out a good ending.

Thanks for reading, please comment, vote and follow!

Till next time and remember...