20

"Dearly beloved we are all gathered here today..." Dex smacked Carter on the back of his head. But that didn't take the grin of his face.

Sam was send today. Alec had something to do. Something that looked a lot like hiding and pretending the world outside his new den didn't exist.
But then everybody had the right to have those days. Especially his alpha.

So today Sam went to the seventh seven packlaw pack. He took their stolen truck. They were gonna discus some things. Things like ... their living arrangements. As the UNC didn't want to give them funding for a pack house. Assholes.

Bane was a dragon. Everyone knew he wouldn't stick around forever. Kit could live with his mate, that wasn't a problem. Damian could. well Damian did whatever Damian did. The problem was the rest of them.

Ishara her parents were okay with him, they didn't like he was white. They would have preferred a nice Indian boyfriend. Or at least someone who spoke Hindi. But he really couldn't change that.
But he promised her father he would do anything for Izzy.

Her father asked him what he would do if she wanted to the moon. He told her he would tie a string around it and pull it down for her.
That made him laugh.
Izzy was embarrassed by everything but she never let go of his hand. And he wasn't entirely sure but pretty sure that he was accepted on probation to be her boyfriend.

"So did ... uhm... Alec... say anything... or?" Dex said while studying the table.
"He will trust you one day. But that day isn't today. And it's not gonna be simple, you know that." Sam told them.
"Honestly Sam.. whenever your here I feel like the most incompetent beta ever. And I'm seven years older than you."
"Six."
Carter just shrugged.
"Maybe I should just make Sam beta then, and Alec alpha. I can be lunos and you can be delta." Dex said.
Sam frowned.

"It feels wrong. He is an alpha. A good one. A really good one. And me being an alpha would make it so he couldn't be. It's not fair." He explained.
"Well... life is anything but fair. Can't You just both be alpha? Who said one of you has to be lunos?"
"Everybody." Carter added.
"Fuck everybody." Damian said.
Yes. Alec made Damian go with him. Like he and Damian got along. Kit got along with anyone. Alec got along with anyone. Sam should be able to get along with Damian.
But Damian felt like a wildfire, and he was afraid to get burned.

Carter smiled and Dex shook his head.
"So you've thought about my offer."
"To live here."
"To be part of the pack."
"We are the fray pack. It's important to Alec. More important than words can explain."
"So ... seventy seven is a sucky name anyways. We can move up to being the fray pack." Carter said shrugging his shoulders like it was that simple.
"Fray 77." Damian added.
Dex rubbed his nose with his thumb and index finger.

"You know I think replacing you with Sam is the best idea I've ever had."
"He is a baby." Carter retorted.
"You are a baby."
"Can we please stay on topic. It's Tuesday. We have a pack meeting later."
Pack meeting meant eating chocolate croissants with the pack on the bench in front of the little house. But Sam wasn't going to say that.

"Right. Yes. So has Alec said anything about it at all?"
"We don't have a choice. So yes. We will -for now - accept your offer."
"That sounded like you really didn't want to." Carter mumbled.
"Under one condition."
Dex nodded like it was fair.
"We need to dig a den."

"A.. den?" Carter asked.
Sam nodded.
"Alec really wants a den. Not to big. Just a small nice little den, bunch of leaves and blankets in it. So he doesn't have to sleep in a bed."
Dex nodded after a while. And Sam remembered how he who shall not be named reacted to digging a den when Alec talked about it. Way back when everything was different and happiness was something he thought he knew but didn't.

"He can dig any den he likes in my backyard. The kids would love it. And it would be more private."
"And closest to you." Carter added earning him an other smack.
Sam smiled.

"I guess that's a compromise. It will have to do."
Dex blinked then nodded trying to remain calm and collected even though Sam knew he was jumping on the inside.

He really hoped Alec would give Dex a change. Not because Dex deserved it. But because Alec deserved it. Alec deserved someone who loved him. All of him. Without question. Someone who never expected anything but took what he was given, someone who didn't nag about digging a den but accepted that his mate was wild. He deserved someone who would fight for him. Make him his king. And well looked pretty decent doing so.

Yellow, okay I'm really really trying to finish this book! I will update more if I don't forget. I want to make the ending good so I'm working hard! Also working on some other books.
There's is one bit if you read it right you could know what is going to happen but for now no one has cracked it😂😂

I hope you all like the chapter! Please comment and vote and follow!

Thanks for reading!