32

The 77 pack meeting consisted of ten men in the backroom of the packhouse.
Alec and Sam were the last to arrive.
Dex was a good alpha. He ordered them around with the air of a drill sergeant. It was very effective. But they seemed less and less like a pack and more like a fancy police station. Or perhaps a special attack force.

Never the less Alec enjoyed watching them interact with each other.
After a little while he noticed Dex shooting him odd looks. Every now and then he would glance at him and then look away. It took him a little while to figure out his staring was making Dex a bit flustered.
Obviously he couldn't stop the devious smirk that settled on his face.
Sam shot him a look and Alec just crossed his arms in satisfaction.

"Furthermore we need someone to go to the Cresent pack to speak with their members about the allegations against their alpha for abuse of power."
Dex looked around for volunteers but when one hand rose up he dismissed it without even considering it and picked someone else. Alec tried not to let it bother him but after ten very long seconds he folded.

"Why isn't he a good choice?" He asked out of nowhere startling his mate a little.
"Uhm... Well..." Dex didn't seem to know how to answer that one so Alec stepped closer en peaked at the file.
"You'll need someone people will open up to won't you? Now I know for a fact that if pack law comes showing up and sniffing around people tend to shut up. But Charlie, was it? Charlie seems like he  can chat anyone up for hours and I have heard him say details about peoples life that most people won't even bother to remember or ask about. People let their guards down around him. Personally I think he is the only choice."

Seeing everyone look at him made him doubt himself a little and wanting to take that all back but then Dex got this really odd beaming smile.
It made him look like a big idiot and for some reason Alec really liked it.
Really really liked it.

"If you think so. Charlie?"
The kid, Charlie, was a twenty something red hair with freckles and a big smile. He for some reason looked like he was about to explode from pride.
Alec had seen him around the pack. He talked a lot. But he had seem him speak with kids, elders and other people. He joked and laughed a lot making him seem a bit silly and not to be taken seriously. But he also saw how people let their guards down around him. He may not be the obvious choice. But he was the best.
Dex and his beta shot each other a look that Alec didn't bother to translate.

"Yes alpha?" He asked.
"You shall go to the cresent pack. You take someone with you if you feel the need. I will need a report of your findings by Friday."
"Yes alpha!"

After the meeting Alec feared he over stepped somehow and was ready to offer his apologies.
Dex merely smiled at him.
"You are the alpha. Lunos or whatever. You have every right to call me out if you think I'm sprouting bullshit or if you think you have a better idea. I'd like it if you didn't call me stupid in front of the pack but if I deserve I suppose won't object."

By the moon and stars and everything above how. How could a person like this be given to him. How could he possibly deserve this.
This person.
Alec didn't know what to say so he just looked at him.
Dex his smile left him.
"Are You alright?"
Alec shook his head.
"I have a problem."
"Can I help you with it?"
"No you can't, because it's you. You are the problem."
Dex paled a little. A small sound escaping his lips.

"I need you to stop being fucking perfect because it's making things very difficult for me."
"I am so sorry it won't happen... wait what?"
"Yes well and I need you to cut up wood every morning from now on. And i really think wolves shouldn't wear clothes all day long and ..."
Dex smile came back and Alec shut up and looked away.

The world felt a little warmer than before.

They didn't say anything else. Because all the words had been spoken.
And the message behind was understood.
Dex smiled at the other half of his soul and Alec didn't run away from it.

His. The guy was his.

Yellow,

Some cute Dex and Alec moments 🤗
I just came back from a nice long weekend in Berlin. It was great, saw a lot of awesome things and stunning buildings and figured out that I can't speak German for the life of me and when I need to speak English every ability to do so escapes me 😇 
I heard the night life there was great and so of course the only club I went to was a breakfast club. 

Thank you for reading! Please vote, comment and follow.