It took the guys two skipped meals to figure this out--much to my disappointment--so now they have taken it upon themselves to make sure that I eat.

'I wish mum cared that much' I sigh inwardly.

'She's just preoccupied with all this wedding stuff'

'Everything happening so fast'

'She'll be back to her old self soon enough'

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a tap on my head. I lift my gaze to meet Kayden's.

"You spaced out on me," he points out. I offer him an apologetic look before moving my eyes back to the granola bar.

After much internal debate, I gently push the bar away from me, not feeling the familiar encouragement of hunger.

"You haven't eaten all day," he remarks, disapproval evident in his tone.

"Not hungry," I shrug.

"Well it's going to be one long ass day, you might not get a chance to grab a bite once the guests start showing up," he reasons with me--something I find him doing quite often now.

"Save it for later?" I negotiate.

"You skipped breakfast saying the same thing," he points out sternly. I sigh.

"Liv, what's actually going on?" He asks with a concern-filled gaze.

"Nothing," I dismiss, but he looks far from convinced causing me to sigh again.

"Why do some people want to stop this wedding so bad?" I ask him just one of the many questions that have been weighing on my shoulders lately.

My question immediately causes him to tense. I can tell my question caught him off guard. He controls his breathing, trying his best not to give away his vulnerability.

"It's wise we stay out of things beyond our control, Liv," he tells me sternly giving nothing away.

I roll my eyes.

"Where are you going?" He asks watching cautiously as I grab my phone and make my way towards the door.

I turn to face him, motioning to my maid-of-honour dress that is securely tucked away in a protective.

"Just eat something later on, okay?" He sighs in defeat. I curtly nod before making my way towards the opposite end of the mansion.

"Can you believe it's finally the day?" Mum acknowledges in excitement, her eyes closed as the make-up artist coats the top of her eyelid with a light nude shimmer.

"I can't believe it's finally the day," she exhales. I hum in response watching with caution as the hairdresser pulls at my locks drawing them out in straight lines with the help of her iron.

"Livy, honey what's wrong?" Mum frowns, discreetly turning towards me, so as to not draw the attention of any other bridesmaid present in the room.

I shake my head in dismissal, but she isnt buying it. I sigh.

"I'm just--" I cut myself off drawing out a long breadth. "I don't understand," I tell her truthfully.

"What don't you understand hon?" She persists.

"Anything," I chuckle bitterly. "Just too much to process too soon," I add.

"I know sweetie, but just give it some time and everything will go back to normal," she assures me. 

"And this wedding? Just consider it a formality, everything will be just fine," she adds, gently squeezing my shoulder.

Holding her to her words--as much as my mind advised against it--I forced myself to relax.