Vol. 6 Chapter 7: Reconciliation

Start from the beginning

She looks over to both boys as she finishes.

Jaune looks to the woman with a surprised look on his face. Tears start to well up in his eyes. (Y/n) isn't faring much better, his lower lip quivers slightly before he looks away to hide his face. His teeth are grit and his eyes squeezed shut, trying to fight back the tears. He reaches up and touches Pyrrha's cloth.

Jaune: "She should be standing here..."

Red-Haired Woman: "She is."

Both boys look at her in confusion.

Red-Haired Woman: "She understood that she had a responsibility... to try. I don't think she would regret her choice, because a Huntress would understand that there really wasn't a choice to make. And a Huntress is what she always wanted to be."

Jaune turns to face the woman.

(Y/n) looked to the ground. They looked so similar that it hurt.

Jaune: "Pyrrha never got the chance to graduate... But she was a Huntress."

He smiles at her.

The woman smiles as tears start to well up in her eyes.

Red-Haired Woman: (wiping a tear) "Thank you."

Nora: "Jaune?"

Jaune turns toward the voice to see Nora and Ren searching for him holding hot drinks in their hands. The two notice (Y/n) and Jaune and walk over toward them. When Jaune looks back at the woman she's gone, the flowers she held left at the foot of the statue.

Nora: "Jaune, why did you—"

Nora goes wide eyed and gasps.

Nora and Ren look up and notice the statue of their old friend. (Y/n) silently turns back to the statue so the team can have their moment.

Jaune: "I'm sorry. I've been a terrible leader, and a terrible friend, and I—"

Ren: "Jaune, this has to stop."

Nora: "We... heard what you said to Cinder, at Haven. You're not being fair to yourself. We love you, just like we loved Pyrrha. We're teammates, family."

Ren: "We don't want to lose you too."

Jaune ponders his friends words before looking back up to Pyrrha's statue.

Jaune: "I think... I think she knew she wasn't going to win. That she might not come out alive. But... she also knew she was the only one that could try."

Ren: "So she did."

Nora: "Maybe we should too."

Jaune: "Yeah, we should."

The three smile as they look up at the statue together.

Nora: "Pyrrha may not be by our side anymore, but we can fight like she is."

Jaune: "And in a way... she will be."

Nora hands Jaune a hot drink.

Ren: "We should check back in at the house. Come on."

Nora: "(Y/n), you comin?"

He hasn't moved, he doesn't even turn around to face them.

(Y/n): "Uh... yah, can I talk to Jaune for a bit?"

Nora and Ren look to Jaune and smile a little before walking out of the park.

Nora: "We'll wait by the exit."

Jaune walks back toward (Y/n) who's still looking at the statue. There's a very awkward silence.

Jaune: "So... what's up?"