Chapter 10: True strength

No POV
.
.
Glynda: "Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so."

Team RWBY, JNPR, and unfortunately CRDL were all walking through the Forest of Forever Fall following one Glynda Goodwitch.

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

Glynda: "Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!"

RWBY and JNPR minus Jaune move off to collect their sap. Pyrrha stops and turns to Jaune.

Jaune tries to noisily sneak away from Cardin who turns and grabs him.

Cardin: "Come on buddy— let's go!"

Jaune gets dragged off by Cardin

Pyrrha looks down in disappointment. However turns when she feels a hand on her shoulder. She sees (y/n) standing there with a small smile. She smiles back sadly and they walk in the direction their teammates went.

Time skip brought to you by chibi Jaune swelling up after touching the tree sap.

Jaune walks over carrying 7 Jars of sap to a relaxing Team CRDL before haphazardly putting them down. And falling flat on his face, eyes crossed with a sickly look adorning his features.

Cardin: "Hey! Great work Jauney-boy. Now that wasn't so hard was it?"

Jaune: "I think I'm allergic to this stuff..."

Cardin: "Great, great great. So! Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself, 'Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect seven jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?'"

Jaune: "That is one of the many questions I've asked my self today. Yes."

He sits up shaking his head.

Cardin: "Well, come with me, and you'll find out."
.
.
Team CRDL plus Jaune are perched on a small outcropping of land hidden by some tall red grass. Looking down on team JNPR and RWBY. Weiss is already done. Nora and Ren are collecting sap but Ren foolishly hands a jar to Nora, which she drinks when he turns to fill the next jar. Ruby and Blake are crouched by a tree preparing to fill a jar, while (y/n) watches standing over them hunched over slightly to get a closer look. Pyrrha stands up after tapping one of the trees ready to fill her jar, Yang is inspecting hers like it's a fine art piece.

Jaune: "Uh Cardin what's going on?"

Cardin: (Glaring between the red head and black haired guy.) "Payback."

Jaune: "Pyrrha? (Y/n)? Wh-what are you-"

Cardin: "That's the girl. Red-haired know-it-all, thinks she's so smart. And that guy... thinks he can make fun of me and get away with it... Alright, boys...

pulls out a buzzing cardboard box with a large "W" written on its sides

Cardin: "Last night, old Jaune here managed to round up an entire box of Rapier Wasps, and now, we're gonna put him to work."

The rest of Team CRDL chuckle and celebrate quietly.

Cardin: "Now, according to one of the essays you wrote for me last week, these nasty things loooove sweets. I'm thinking it's time we teach them a thing or two."