Vol. 6 chapter 3: Side quest begins

The snow begins to pick up as harsh winds blow the cold frozen flakes into the faces of team RWBY, Qrow, Oscar, and their new old lady companion. Speaking of whom, is currently sitting on bumblebee as Yang struggles to push the bike through the snow.

Qrow: (sighs) "Doesn't look like this is gonna let up."

Blake: "Just wanna get this stupid Relic to Atlas."

The wind blows causing Blake to shiver slightly. (Y/n) wraps an arm around her shoulders and pulls her closer to him. She leans into the embrace for warmth.

Weiss: "Let's hope we don't have to walk all the way there."

Yang: (to Maria, sarcastically) "I thought trails led somewhere."

Maria: "Do you have nothing better to do than to harass a defenseless old lady?"

Ruby: "Everyone, quiet. Do you hear that?"

(Y/n): "The soul crushing wind telling us to go home?"

Ruby: "No, listen."

(Y/n) focuses on his hearing trying to search for whatever it is Ruby heard.

Squeak

Blinking in surprise he waits

Squeak

(Y/n): "It sounds like... metal?"

Squeak

The group approaches a sort of homestead. The front gate to the land squeaking as it swings in the wind.

The sign on the gate says "BRUNSWICK FARMS"

Blake: "Well, at least one good thing happened today."

Weiss: "It looks abandoned."

(Y/n): "I'm getting massive side quest vibes from this place..."

Ruby: "It's still better than this."

The wind howls loudly causing the gang to shiver.

Qrow: "Come on, I think we could all use some rest."

As they make their way through the abandoned homestead something odd hits them.

Ruby: (sighs) "I don't get it. The empty towns I've passed through were all damaged or unfinished. But this place looks... fine."

Team RWBY, Qrow, Oscar, and Maria arrive at the porch of what appears to be the main residence. Weiss is shivering as she wraps her arms around her to keep herself warm.

Weiss: "Maybe everyone left in a hurry. Before things took a turn?"

(Y/n) looks in the window checking for anything at all.

(Y/n): "Without their stuff?"

He points inside the house lazily.

(Y/n): "There's too much shit in there and it looks clean. Well as clean as an abandoned place can look. Everything looks in order."

Qrow tries to open the door, only to notice it's locked.

Qrow: "Hmm. Stay on guard."

Qrow kicks the door open, everyone proceeds forward with their weapons drawn. They pause as they cautiously look around the place.

(Y/n) gets a sharp poke in the back from a wooden cane causing him to jump out of the way.

Maria: "Close the door already! It's cold enough in here as it is."

Maria walks into the house. Deeming the area safe, the group stow their weapons and look around. Afterwards, Blake and Oscar push a nearby drawer to block the door. (Y/n) leans Kioku against the couch before taking Blake's shivering hand into his.