Twenty Five

Hershel was now up and practicing to walk, "you're okay." He smiles warmly at me after I hug him, "you're looking much better." He notes making me laugh, "I'm feeling much better." He nods, "I knew you'd get through this, you're a fighter."

"We're a pair of fighters, it'll take more than this to take us out." I say making him laugh. We take him outside so he can practice out there and get some fresh air.

"They're moving the cars." I tell him as we walk, "I wasn't allowed to help because Rick said he didn't want me to accidentally take a fence down." Hershel laughs but I don't find it amusing, "my driving was not that bad." I persist as he shakes his head. "It was worse."

"Just take your time on these steps." I say as we begin helping Hershel out into the yard. "You cleared all those bodies out? It's starting to look like a place we could really live in."

"Hey, you watch your step. Last thing we need is you falling." Lori calls out as he gets a handle on walking with the crutches. "You're doing great, Daddy." Beth encourages as I nod along.

"Ready to race, Hershel?" Carl asks making Hershel chuckle again. "Give me another day. I'll take you on." Carl laughs, "it's not hard to beat Carl, Hershel trust me." I joke laughing at the face Carl makes, "yeah beating Carl is easy." Sophia chimes in making us laugh harder.

"Hey I beat the both of you." Carl protests, before I can continue annoying Carl a bunch of walkers appear out of nowhere. We all act instantly, I tell Sophia to go with Hershel and Beth as I pull my knife out and start killing the walkers with the others.

Maggie, Carol and T-dog run over to help as Rick Daryl and Glenn see the commotion from their side of the fence and start running to get to us as they shout out at us to get out of there.

"That gate is open!" T-dog spots, I was ready to run with Carl Lori and Maggie but instead I go with T and Carol to close the gate. I get to the gate first and begin to pull it closed when T-dog joins me, we get it done but I'm suddenly pushed to the ground. "No!" Both Carol and I yell as we watch T get bitten. He'd pushed me out of the way.

He kills the walker as I scramble up off the ground and the three of us run through the door Carol had opened for us.

We run through the tunnels together as alarms start to blare but Carol and I try and get T-dog to stop, he's adamant on getting us out though. "Why? Sit here and wait to die?" He asks, "I'll do what I have to. You're not becoming one of those things." She assures him. "I can't ask that."

"It's the pact, remember?" I say letting him know we were here for him. "This is God's plan. He'll take care of me. Always has. He's gonna help me lead you out of these tunnels."

We continue walking when we spot walkers, "let's go back!" Carol tells us but T-dog shakes his head and runs forward. "No!" He's slammed the walkers up against the wall so that we can pass, "Go! Go! I' dead go!" He keeps shouting that us and so with tear filled eyes I grab carols hand and pull her along with me "I'm so sorry." I say to him as I look back to see his throat being ripped out.

⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

I lose Carol on our walk through the dark tunnels. "Shit!" I curse to myself not knowing what to do now, I did not know my way around the prison and so I decide to turn back and head the way we came.

I pick up my pace and start sprinting when I hear gunshots nearby, I see the door we left T-dog at, someone was stood there and so I run forwards through it. Daryl is stood right at the door, holding the wrap Carol had been wearing on her head.

I stop inches away from him and I see that he doesn't even think as he lays eyes on me. His face fills with relief and he wraps me up in a hug so tight it actually makes it difficult to breathe. "Where's Carol?" He asks me but I shake my head, "I don't know we got separated."

"You alright?" He asks taking my face in his hands as he checks me over. "I'm fine." I say before I spot T-dog on the floor. "He saved me." I mumble feeling a heavy sense of guilt hit me.

"Do you know where Lori is?" I shake my head at Rick, "she Carl and Maggie ran a different way, we went to close the gate." He nods and so we run back hoping everyone had made it back to the courtyard.

"You didn't find them?" Hershel asks as we run back out. "Only Selene. We thought maybe they came back out here."

"What about T? Carol?" They ask me but Daryl answers for me. "They didn't make it."

Sophia starts crying as they leave the little box, "my moms gone?" She cries making me and Daryl share a look, "I don't know honey, we were together but we got separated." I say as she hugs me, I hold her securely and allow her to cry as Rick says they're going back to check for the others.

"Daryl and Glenn, you come with-" he stops speaking once we hear a baby crying. We all turn to see Carl  and Maggie approaching, Maggie was cradling a baby to her chest and there was no Lori in sight.

"Where-- where is she? Where is she?" Rick cries and all Maggie can do is shake her head, "No..." He starts going off in that direction, but she grabs his arm. "Rick, no!"

He doubles over near Carl crying about the loss of his wife, Sophia let's me go as we watch all of this and I watch Carls face tremble so I walk over to him as Rick falls to the floor.

I crouch down to his height and his face completely crumbles when he sees me. He throws his arms around me and I just hold him, he tries to not cry but I hear his sniffles muffling into my shoulder.

Dead Girl Walking | Daryl Dixonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें