Abrupt

Toshinori glanced at his son from the corner of his eye..having just finished placing the temporary wheel chair in the back of the truck, Izukus final attack in the tournament had destroyed the kicks irreparably unfortunately. Looking at his son....his state was so similar to the day he brought him home after the accident...yet it was as if Toshinori was looking at a different person entirely...

Instead of that look of dread and defeat...Toshinori could only see the passion that burned behind Izukus eyes. That despite the seeming reset to his body!....he held a small victorious smile.

Toshi couldn't help but think about what Izuku told him back in the tent......had he truly failed that badly as a father? Where Izuku was so certain that if he told the truth...that he would be the one in trouble...Izumi, as shudder rolled down his spine as the memory of her watching Izuku scrape across the pavement, was burned into his memory......she lied to them, right to their faces........but to protect that egotistical coward!? His fist tightened around the steering wheel as fury bubbled in his heart....did...did she tell Inko?! The thought caused Toshi to forcibly clench his teeth together tightly.

"I didnt tell you....because I was afraid you would try and stop me." Izuku said suddenly his gaze having turned to look out the side window.

The sudden break in silence forced Toshi from his sudden conspiratorial anger as he stared at Izuku stunned.

"You don't know what it's like.....to...to have everything you ever knew ripped away from you.........and all you can do is watch!....." Izuku did not break his gaze his mechanical voice betraying the devastating sentence....

Toshi gawked at the sudden honesty! Blind sided by the first statement he was not nearly prepared for the gut punch that was the second! He didn't even remotely know what to say to that! What could he possibly say to that?!

Just before anyone said another word the sudden vibration of Izukus phone cut through the tension like butter! For a moment both of them froze as Toshi was torn between looking at his son and focusing on the road.

Slowly Izuku looked down at his pocket, with a great deal of effort he bent his heavily bandaged arm and reached for the device. It was an incoming call from "#1 Boss"...Izukus eyes flicked to his father, who in turn was looking back.

"We'll, go ahead and answer! Don't leave her waiting." Toshi said with a shit eating grin on his face. Izuku smiled as he answered the call.

"MUSCLES!" The shrill sound of Mei yelling like a demon cut through the phone before Izuku hurriedly brought it to his ear....while Toshinori began to laugh hysterically!

"Hello Hatsumae........yes I'm ok.....yes I'm just headed home right now.............well the kicks are ruined........probably as soon as I get home why?" Izuku said. Toshinori had to stifle his hysteria and calm himself as to not embarrass his boy. It was hilarious listening to the legitimately menacing voice simply talking to his friend. But based upon the conversation he totally wasn't overly analyzing! An idea clicked in his brain.

"Psst! Tell her to come over!" Toshi whisper yelled. To which Izuku stared at him as if he'd lost his mind. "Seriously!! Invite her over I was going to invite Chio and Yuna to celebrate!!!" Toshi continued!

"One second Hatsumae...." Izuku said before placing the phone to his chest. "Have you taken a look at me?! I can't have her over right now!!" Izuku tried to whisper yell back shaking his stumped right arm wildly!

"Trust me! Chicks dig scars!" Toshinori brushing off the waving semi appendage. At which Izukus jaw would've dropped if it wasn't fuzed to his skull!

"Ya war wounds maybe!! Not a doctors worst nightmare!!!!" Izuku hissed back as he brought the phone back to his ear..... "sorry about that Hatsuma-......what do you mean you'll be here by 7:30?!....what do you mean your bringing a nail gun.....Hatsumae! HATSUMAE!!!" Izuku yelled into the phone! A look of pure horror stretched across his face! Toshinori watching as the phone dropped from Izukus ear the words "call ended" across its face. All Toshinori could do was laugh.

"I was on mute the whole time....." Izuku mumbled as Toshinori laughed even harder......they'd talk later, but for right now? It was time to celebrate.

__________________________________
Authors note:

Heya doods!
Not too much to report I've been having a good streak with writing lately so maybe production Will hopefully increase!

Thanks to those who went and followed me of Instagram been having fun messing around with reels and what I could possibly do with that in the future.

I would also like to announce that I'm gonna begin production on the script for the first chapter to the audio book! But I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on progress, however I'd like to keep it a bit more of a surprise if I can.