Reckoning

Today was the day. Toshinori had known what was destroying his daughter, guilt. He could see it, how she was anxious to be around him and her mother. How she flinched at Izuku's name, it had been seven months and he still didn't know the cause of the accident. It had been long enough now was the time for answers!

Izumi was sat in her room currently texting Katsuki in regards to a new training regimen to best get them in UA university. When a knock came at her door.

Puzzled she placed her phone down and made her way to the door, opening it to find her father waiting.

"Hey kiddo." He said, she could tell something was off the way he wrung his hands and his stare was disconcerting to say the least.

"Hey dad need something?" She said a little off put.

"Ya, actually. We need to have a chat Izumi can you come with me?" He said sternly.

Izumi was a little nervous at how serious her dad was being, giving a short nod she followed him down to the living room where her mother was sitting with a glass of tea.

"What's going on?" She said sitting down looking at her parents.

Taking a deep breath Toshinori turned to look Inko who gave him a nod in return as they set their gaze to Izumi.

"Back when the accident happened, you said that it was yours and Bakugos fault. Izumi what exactly happened" Toshinori asked his face stern and his gaze hard.

"I don't know what your talking about. I, I was just scared for Izuku is all!" She was very much hoping that they forgot that small detail.

Toshinori took a deep breath, this was going to be difficult. Inko had done the same thing placing her glass onto a side table and giving Izumi her full attention.

"Izumi. You were there when the accident happened, Tsukauchi told me that the officers on scene took your statement." This was going to get ugly he could tell.

Izumi sat stiff on the couch her blood pounding in her ears and her chest hurt. "I uh, ya. Katcchan and I were there but I don't know what happened though! All I saw was him getting on whatever that thing was going down the street and then he crashed!" It felt like her heart was going to pound out of her chest!

"Izumi you told me that he was trying to get away from you and Katsuki. Why was your nose broken Izumi?" He was catching her in hiccups and lies she was clearly involved in some way.

"Right now Tsukauchi is over at the Bakugos questions Katsuki Izumi. I need you to tell me the truth right now." He continued out his glare caused the tension to become palpable.

"I uh, we. We-we we're messing around! Izuku was running away to mess with us! Uhm and when we were chasing him out of the school I tripped and hit my nose! I didn't even realize it was broken haha!" She worriedly rubbed the back of her head releasing a dry chuckle.

"See Toshi! I told you everything was fine! Izuku took it too far and you said that the thing wasn't ready yet! It was all just an accident!" Inko said happily whole heartedly wanting to believe.

Toshinori wasn't convinced in the slightest. He was the number one hero for a reason, and with his best friend being a great detective? He was pretty could at sniffing out lies. Placing his hand up to stop Inko's rant Toshinori stood up walked over and kneeled down in front of Izumi grabbing her hands.

"Mimi, we both know that's not the truth. Recovery girl told me about multiple existing injuries that Izuku had, and a multitude of burn scars. Izumi did you and Katsuki do anything to Izuku?" He was being stern and he was definitely throwing out theories, but he with her lies and all the evidence he didn't like where this was going.

"He was an inventor! I dunno you saw his hands it was probably some stupid invention that he got himself hurt with! Don't ask me about what he did!!" Izumi semi shouted at her father!

"Cut the shit Izumi!" His anger was rising he took a deep breath to steady himself. He looked at his daughter to see both shock, and fear.

"Toshi! If she said she didn't do it! She didn't do anything!" Inko yelled at Toshinori standing and glaring at the man! How dare he accuse Izumi of hurting her brother!

Rubbing his forehead and running a hand through his hair. He already knew the truth, now it was a matter of confession.

"Izumi, honey. You need to tell me everything the whole truth! Because Tsukauchi is going to come by after he's done talking to Katsuki. There was a witness testimony of Izuku being hit by something while he was driving down the street. He didn't crash, there wasn't a malfunction, Izuku was openly attacked by someone! I need you to tell me what happened so we can find out who hurt your brother! Don't you want that?!" He was hoping for any other answer that is daughter truly was just a bystander.

"I...I," she was freezing up. She didn't know what to do she was being caught!

Izumi was interrupted by her fathers phone ringing. "A PHONE CALL IS HERE! A PHONE CALL IS HERE! A PHONE CALL IS HERE!" His signature ring tone cutting through the tense air.

Sighing and standing up Toshinori put the phone to his ear. "Yagi speaking. What!? WHEN!? WERE ON THE WAY!" Dropping his phone Toshinori made the statement

"HES AWAKE!"