Shock

Izuku for a second was utterly overwhelmed. He was blinded by the light, and nesrly deafened by the yelling. When he adjusted he was met with several different kinds of faces. People he hardly recognized stood around him, some smiled genuinely, others were forced, some depressed, and the rest disgusted. He knew something like this was happening, he guessed it as soon as he walked in the door. He'd just hoped it was something else entirely.

"WELCOME HOME!" He felt like he'd been flash banged and his heart stopped! The dull pain in his chest kicked in, his mask forcing a breath. Quickly a lot of those faces changed to concern and fear, he'd assumed from the sound tho he couldn't hear it. He was utterly overwhelmed.

Acting fast Toshinori stepped in; "oh geez! I think we got him good!" And like that, the "celebration" began. Everything was dull at the moment the pain in his chest the only thing keeping him grounded. He'd realized quick that every breath hurt, which meant he hadn't taken a natural breath. Luckily Toshinori explained that he couldn't speak at the moment, which was nice since people quickly left him alone. He wanted to run away and hide, he was never good in crowds especially when he was the centre of them. But now! It felt like everyone was judging him. It felt like they looked right past the bandages and stared.  He could tell that these were all his dads friends or some of Izumi's, since he didn't have any. He'd yet to see his mother or sister but that was probably for the best. Eventually Izuku just kinda became the obstacle of the party that everyone just walked around. Eating, laughing, drinking around him. As if they weren't here to visit the living corpse.

Eventually his breathing steadied as more and more people left him alone, luckily for him! Izumi was in the centre of the crowd preforming something. He was actually glad for his sister for once, she'd taken the heat off him, wether it was in the intention of saving him? Well that was unlikely. Taking his chance he slowly made his escape! Not before noticing some people in the crowd; his father, mother, Grampa Torino, Yuna, Mitsuki, uncle Shouta, the rest he could recognize. It hurt somewhat since over half of them had yet to even speak to him, but right now, he didn't care. He just needed to get outta there.

Retreating down the hall they came Izuku found himself met with the garage, his safe haven, his escape! Reaching for the door he was met with a hand on his shoulder. Freezing in fear Izuku slowly turned his head and was met with.

Yuna.

He was actually surprised to see her considering she looked pretty inthralled with whatever Izumi was doing.

"Hey twerp. Pretty loud innit" she said crouching down to his level, she didn't yell, she didn't joke, she just spoke softly.

Izuku shrug his shoulder slightly looking away from his therapist. "Well good thing you're over here! I was gettin sick of all the socializing anyway!" She said pulling out a cigarette and a lighter!? "Oh shoot! Am I loud to smoke in here?!" The cigarette hanging from her lips, Izuku was utterly blown away! She always preached absolute health! NOW SHE SMOKES!
"Ugh fine!" She put the cigarette away turning to look at the door. "Ugh fine you were here first fair is fair! I'll play cover you get outta here" she ruffled his head before swiftly turning taking a deep breath, flashing him a thumbs up, and an over the top wink, before she left to return to the party.

In one swift motion Yuna had come to check up on him, register what was wrong, and help him escape to calm down! She is one helluva therapist! Taking his chance Izuku opened the door and retreated to his sanctuary!

The familiar smell of gas and oil filled his nostrils and he felt so nostalgic that he actually began to cry. Finally! Home sweet home!

Turning on the light he was met with his safe place! It looked like it hadn't been touched if the dust had said anything about the condition! However he had noticed one thing. Where there were once four stairs to reach the garage, now sat a wooden ramp. His father had come in to make sure he'd be able to get in here on his own. He couldn't help but smile at the gesture.
Rolling down the ramp Izuku weaved his way through his various projects, gliding his hand across them as he went. It was as if he was reconnecting them to his soul, his presence acting as if the dead workshop. Had taken a new breath.

Izuku chortled with glee! He was free!! Finally! Alone! Silence! Surrounded by what made him happy! A new spark reinvigorated his spirit! It felt as if a lost part of himself and just been knocked back into place! In here he wasn't some cripple! In here he wasn't a Deku!

This place wasn't a garage. It was an operating table, and Izuku was the surgeon.

Rushing over and turning on all of his machines a dull hum filled the air and it was absolutely majestic! Wheeling over to his semi clean workbench, he pushed as much as he could out of the way and placed his backpack on his lap. Opening the bag he retrieved his notebooks and placed them down. Opening to his recent design Izukus eyes ignited with passion. The time to suffer and wait was over! Now. Was a time for action!"