42. Exile on Main St.

Start from the beginning

INT. DEAN'S HOUSE

Dean sat at his computer while Elena stood behind.

Dean was on the phone. "And no one's called about a missing person?" ... "No, this would have been today." ... "So no reports of anything around Vineland and Oak Tree, near that hotel renovation?" ... "Uh, call it a hunch." ... "I've been a cop for a long time." ... "Okay, yeah." ... "No, I'll call you tomorrow. You too, man. Bye."

Dean glanced at Elena. "I think you're right. I think there might be something. Maybe. Keep digging."

Lisa stepped in the doorway. "Hey. Who was that? I see your guest are still here."

"Sid. I'm just setting up a poker game. Elena was about to leave."

"It's 11:30."

"Is it really? Well, that explains why he was asleep when I called. I'll be right up. See you later, officer."

"Okay."

Elena left the house and made her way back to the motel.

EXT. DAY

Dean was in his truck when he saw claw marks on a light pole. He investigated and was startled by a small dog in his garage.

"Dean!" Sid cried. "Is that a gun?"

"No, no," Dean said. "Yeah. Well, it's -- I got a permit for it."

"What, to shoot the Glickmans' dog?"

"I thought that was a possum. Remember when I said I was in pest control? Well, possums carry rabies, so..." He imitated a gunshot.

"I did not know that."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah. Possums -- possums kill, Sid." Something caught his eye. "Oh, crap."

"What's that?"

"Sulfur. I got to go."

"Hold on, Dean! What the hell?"

INT. GARAGE

Dean frowned, seeing Elena. "So now you're following me?"

"No," Elena answered. "You're behaving weirdly and I want to make sure my friend is okay."

"Your friend is fine." He opened the Impala's trunk from under a tarp. He started packing some weapons.

"Hey," Lisa greeted. "Hello again, officer."

"Just getting a hammer," Dean told her.

"So, I just ran into Sid. Did you almost shoot a Yorkie?"

"Technically."

"What's going on? A cop around can't be good."

"Nothing. She's just making sure the neighborhood's safe."

"How come I don't believe you?"

"I just -- I, uh, I-I got this -- I don't know, spider sense."

"Okay. Are you hunting something? Because if Elena's here, that must mean you are."

"Honestly? Uh, at first, I thought that I was. But I'm pretty sure that I got worked up over nothing. It's, uh, you know..."

"It happens."

"Are you sure? I'll tell you what -- just because, you know, I have an OCD thing about this, and because Elena is here, why don't, uh, why don't you and Ben go to the movies, hit The Cheesecake Factory -- you know, hang out with the teaming masses, and we'll do one last sweep just to be 100%."

"Okay. Be careful."

"Careful's my middle name."

Lisa left and the light crackled. As Dean and Elena searched the garage, Dean was suddenly confronted by Azazel.