Virat Kohli

As she stepped down the bus, many feelings hit her at once. The feelings of nervousness, nostalgia, emotions and determination.

Finally, she is going to make her debut. She will be one step closer to her mission.

But before that, another obstacle she has to face was...VIRAT KOHLI!! The person whom she had once been close to...and who happened to be her favourite person after her father...her Chachu!!

She had met him last, when she was eleven...and now she is twenty two.

In the last eleven years, many things changed... except for the fact that..she and her family still miss them.

One more thing that hasn't changed was..her determination..to find the truth!! The truth behind every tears of her father.

"Advika!! Why are you shaking!?", Asked Gracia bringing Ziva out of her thoughts.

"Haan??", She asked in confusion.

"You are shaking?!? Are you...are you nervous?", asked Gracia concerned making Ziva compose herself.

"Aaa..Yah!! A little bit!!", She told the half truth.

"Everything will be alright!! Lets go!!", She took her hand and move inside.

Ziva couldn't tell anyone whatever was going through her mind.

They entered the ground and started warming up.

"Good morning Guys!!", They gets startled by a voice, which belonged to none other than Smriti Mandhana, their coach...and literal ideal figure for every women player.

"Let me introduce you to your mentor!! Though he don't need any introduction, but still....!! Let's give him a warm welcome, the best of all...Virat Kohli!!", She said making Ziva extremely nervous.

"Good morning everyone!!", Virat greeted everyone with a gentle smile.

"Good morning!!", Their zealous voice echoed.

"Let me introduce you to everyone Bhai!!", Said Smriti moving forward.

"Captain Suhani!! A right handed batter...and too funny off-field!!"

"Vice Captain Gracia!! You already know her..!! All rounder..!!"

"Our very own Samaira Sharma!! Another all rounder!!"

"And..Vamika Kohli!! Our Run Machine...just like her father!!", Smriti said with little teasing voice.

Virat let out a small smile and ruffled her hair.

"She is not me!! She is Vamika...and she is here..to make her own place...!!", He couldn't help but cup her face and kiss her forehead.

"I will Dad!! I will make you so proud!!", She said with little tears of happiness. It was a big day in their life.

She will perform..in front of country...and in front of her father, who has loved cricket, every moment of his life.

Smriti smiled and moved forward, only to come in front of Ziva, whose breath hitched due to nervousness.

"Just remember our mission Zivu!! Don't let any distraction come in between them!! Remember...what you are here for!! Why you opted Cricket as your career!! Remember Mahi Chachu's every tears...!! His tears..will be your strength...to keep you focused towards your goal!!", Sahil's voice echoed in her mind..and she exhales out her breath silently.. giving them a small smile.

"She is another debutant..!! A wonderful batter cum wicket keeper, highest record of wickets when it comes to keeping, is in her name in Ranji!!

And an awesome reader of the game!!", Smriti introduce her to him...and he forwards his hand to her for handshake.

"Ohh!! Forgot to tell the name only!! Her name is Advika...Advika Patel!!", and Virat looks at her carefully.
Her face seemed familiar to him.

"First of all....I am extremely proud of you Smriti, for taking the Women cricket to such extent, that now girls looks upto you!! And...I expect the same from every player present here...that they will only brings more height to the women's cricket.

I am so proud of you all....for being where you are!! From now...the real test will start!! Along with good things, many negative things will also come your way...but never give up!! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF...AND EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!", He ended in a firm tone, making everyone proud.

"But always remember...wish to touch the sky, but never forget your roots!!", He said...but this time he especially looked at Vami and Samaira, who simply nodded understanding the meaning behind his words.

"Okay everyone, now go and start practicing." Smiriti told everyone.

Everyone nodded and went to practice.

"I will bowl to you Advika." Samaira said pulling Ziva towards one of the nets. "I love testing my bowling skills against new players."

Ziva, knowing she had no other option, just nodded and went with her.

Gracia and Vami decided to watch them and stood at the side.

The first ball was too good and Ziva could only defend it.

After the first few balls, Ziva realized Sammy's bowling style and started to hit more freely.

"Those are some beautiful shots." Gracia said and Ziva smiled.

Virat and smiriti, who were going around, observing everyone, stopped seeing Ziva playing so beautifully.

"Where has she learnt cricket from?" Virat asked smriti, knowing that she knows everyone's history properly.

"She and her family actually live outside India. And she has learnt it from her school coach, where she developed this interest. Seeing her interest in the game, her family encouraged her...and since they are actually Indian, so yes...she will represent India only", she completed whatever Ziva told her...!!

Just then samaira decided to bowl a Yorker, as it was one of her best bowls.

Ziva saw, it was a Yorker and smiled. This was one of her most favourite bowls. She hit a beautiful helicopter shot that she had learnt from her father.

The only shot that she ever wanted to get perfect at was this...and it showed in the way she hit it.

Vamika, Gracia, Smriti and even Samaira clapped seeing the helicopter shot, while virat just stood their frozen.

He has seen this shot, he realized. Exactly this style. He couldn't believe that the girl could have learnt it on her own or a school coach could have taught her such a perfect shot.

There have been many people who have played this shot, himself included, but no one has come close to this.

This isn't an ordinary girl, Virat realized. Either she is very very talented or she is-----!!!!
He didn't let his thoughts go further than that.
She can't be....he thought determined to not think about it.

"Let's go to see other players." Virat said softly to Smriti.
Smriti was surprised that virat wasn't praising Advika, but she nodded nonetheless and they went towards others.

_________________________________

The Next update is here!! Guys... Response are not much!! Please Share it as much as possible..and Do comments 💬 and Votes🌟

Kar do naa!!! :)

Thank you💙