[1st World: Campus of High Society 4] Surprise Visitor

Chen Tanglu rummaged through the papers on the table, examining them, then either discard or set them to the side for further review. After some time, the number of white envelopes sealed with cherry blossom stickers dwindled down to only six.

She is the one in charge of making sure the applications fulfill the minimal requirements An Qi had set, and by the looks of it...

"Wow, these are the only ones left out of more than a hundred application sent in...did we set the requirements that high? Or are the students here just..." An Qi mused, her last words implied already what other thoughts she had that she left omitted.

"O-oh...well...at least it is better than...none...?" Lydia just need to speak more confidently now, she's been pretty accurate with pronunciation and grammar.

Chen Tanglu picked up one of the envelopes, or more specifically, the one she had just last looked at. "Let's take a look at them together now."

The small number doesn't matter, because they're not interested in just anybody joining in. If they were chosen then they failed meeting the standards for their club.

'Well, a smaller group would be much easier to keep track of too.' An Qi thought. "A large group would bring more influence, but what good is that if it became uncontrollable?"

"Oh goodness...I do feel kind of glad about this...too many people would be just...eek!" Lydia sighed in relief at the short list. "I hope those who were chosen are nice though..."

Chen Tanglu left out a theatrical cough to gather attention of the other two deep on thought. "Alright, so, we have six candidates left."

The remaining candidates are as followed:

1. Su Feili
2. Su Lifei
3. Chang Ju | 昌菊
4. Peng Chunfeng | 彭春枫
5. Hu Jiajia
6. Falsetta Halls

'Well...more than half of these are some familiar name. How funny...' An Qi still pretended to look focused and asked Chen Tanglu to check for the information of these individuals.

"Oh look, seems like the first two are sisters. Huh, but something is off..." Chen Tanglu remarked with interest. "Su Feili seems to be a recently transferred student from...drumroll—"

Lydia went along with her and created the sound effect by knocking on the table.

"—a place none other than Dame Dahlia. All jokes aside, this is quite surprising. She came from our academy's rival school."

Chen Tanglu is well-versed in gossip and other knowledge about this society, which makes An Qi wonder just who exactly she is. She didn't take the time to completely look into the other two's backgrounds, but then she also doesn't have any regrets yet though. They are both...promising...

Also fun to be with...hmm...but that might only be temporary.

There are few things that can catch her interest for long. Until then, let's focus on the most important thing—the present.

Lydia suddenly pointed at a profile in one of the files. "Oh...she looks familiar!"

"Hey, you're right! Didn't we see her that other day?" Chen Tanglu agreed.

"Well, if you remembered her, then you must remember these other two right?" An Qi teased, but her thoughts are different.

'Took them long enough to notice!'

That encounter was not that easy to forget and plus, they personally asked them whether they might like to join the club.

"So it's those two...interesting." Chen Tanglu seem to have some information on them. "Those two, they are pretty well known in the upper class. But as for Su Lifei...I dare say she's talked about more than those two combined!"