Prologue

An Qi smiled, and it was a smile that did not reach her eyes.

She had died, but by some luck...was bound by a system that tried to convince her to become its partner for a second chance at life...

...a cannon fodder counterattack system...the ones she had read about in novels before...

She has mixed feelings about that.

System: "There are many benefits to join forces with me! I can even revive you! Does that give you an idea of the power I have—the power you can have if you cooperate with me?"

An Qi: "Uh huh. It sure does."

System: "Alright then! Just fill out and sign this form, then the contract would be com—"

An Qi: "This is a cannon fodder counterattack system right?"

System: !?

System: "Yes, it is. Why do you ask?"

An Qi: "If that's the case...let me tell you right here and now. I refuse to cooperate if that's the case."

System: "What!? Why!? You can gain power if you sign a contract with me, and the system task missions are all about helping the wronged original owner of the cannon fodder body you transmi—"

An Qi: "I'm saying that I don't like it, not that I don't know anything about it. And for that reason, I will just wait for my soul to disintegrate into nothingness instead of accepting your offer."

System: "WHAT!?"

System: "But you—"

An Qi: "However, if you change some conditions of the system, then I may actually consider cooperating."

System: "You..."

What in the name of the, just what the fuck! It has never seen someone so...bold and direct...in a situation like this!

An Qi: "So? Do you agree?"

System: "I'm supposed to be the one saying that..."

An Qi: "Do you agree or not, Esteemed System?"

System: "...I... I will agree."

The system became silent for a while to fix the terms before showing the contract to An Qi again.

It's freaking desperate, alright!?

_

{ Binding Contract between [Cannon Fodder Counterattack System #4444] and [Agent An Qi] }

*Main Mission Selection: Only the Agent have authority to select a Main Mission.
*Regular Missions Selection: Both Agent and System have authority to select Regular Missions.
*Side Missions Selection: Both Agent and System have authority to select Side Missions.
*Inter Forum: Both Agent and System have access to the Inter Forum.
*Operation Details: The Agent can do as they please in world travels, the system will be there to guide and assist their Agent.

To [Agent An Qi]: Do you agree to bind with [Cannon Fodder Counterattack System #4444] and is satisfied with the terms of contract?

To [Cannon Fodder Counterattack System #4444]: Do you agree to bind with [Agent An Qi] and is satisfied with the terms of contract?
_

An Qi took a minute to think before deciding to cooperate with the system...this system is quite cooperative, and also a bit naive from what she had seen.

The conditions looks pretty good too, and as for the so called being able to be revived eventually, there are many doubts with that, but that doesn't trouble her.