Prologue

" Cheeku!! Till the time, you will get this letter..I will be gone!!

I know, it is not something you have expected from me...but Cheeku...You also know that...very few things affect me...and you guys are one of them!! When things were about me, I had tolerated that...but now things are no more about me!!

Because of me...you all are also getting dragged in this mess!! They aren't even sparing Vami and Sammy!!

I have promised myself to protect them...and now... because of me, you guys are in constant danger!!

I don't know...if I can ever prove myself innocent... because honestly...I am tired now!! They think, I am strong...but..they forget that...I have a breaking point as well!! Even if I want to get up again, it's like...I can't!!

And this time, it's about Ziva and Sakshi as well!! They are also being threatened!!

If I, leaving cricket, will save so many things...then, why not!!

Cheeku!! Ro!! I love you both..I never said or expressed in words...but...if one thing I care about most that cricket has given me, then it's you two!! I don't know, if I would have been standing so strong like, I had been till the moment...but I know.. it's only because you two were there!!

I am sorry Cheeku!! I know I am coward...but...forgive me!!

Always remember...I love you Cheeks!!"

So many wet patches could be seen on that single letter, showing the person must have cried bucket of tears while writing those...and that brought more tears in Virat's eyes.

"How can you leave me like that?

Bhai!! It's been 11 years...! Everything has changed so much!! Your Vami is going to make her debut..!! Your Sammy is now representing this country for an year...but..noone is there beside them to teach things!!

And I still can't forgive you for leaving us alone...!!

And yet....I can't bring myself to hate you!!", He whispered in silent air.

On the other side....

"Sonu, I never said this..but I love you. Thank you for being there always. No matter whatever the situation was, I always found you beside me..and I can never describe, how grateful I felt at those moments.

I will miss you very much. I never had nor i will..have a best friend like you.

And i know you will be angry at me now and but then you will even forgive me immediately because that's just how you are.
I know you can't stay angry or hold grudges against anyone for a long time.

Sonu, this is the hardest decision I have ever taken.
I can't believe Ziva won't grow up with Gracia. It was my dream to see them both grow together and always be the best of friends like we are.
But i guess destiny has other plans.

Sonu, please do last four things for your best friend.

First, please forgive me for leaving you and everyone else.

Second please take care of yourself and your family.

And third please take care of Vi and Ro.

They would be absolutely devastated. I don't want to imagine what they would he going through, Sonu...And please also ask them to forgive me...for leaving like this.

And fourth..Please take care of the whole ict. Everyone would need a shoulder to rely upon at this moment....So, Please become their support like you were for me.

Sonu, again, I love you and I maybe...I don't deserve it, but Please...forgive me".

Sonu couldn't stop crying reading the letter. He wanted to tear it and burn it, but he couldn't. For eleven years he tried, but he never had the courage, because it was Mahi's writing.

"I forgave you, Mahi and I almost did everything that you asked.

I tried to take care of everyone, provided support to everyone, but what i couldn't do was take care of myself. How can I?
When I have no clue what state my best friend must be in.
What he must he doing?
What my favourite niece or bhabhi must be doing?
I read your letter everyday, Mahi.

In the foolish hope that reading this words might bring you back, but all it brings back are memories. Memories so painful that death might be better than them. And also all they bring are tears, more and more tears.

"Mahi just come back. Please, please come back."

_________________________________

A little insight into the story!!

Need your motivation through votes and comments!!

I assure you... it's not a normal story...but a different concept we are trying our hands on.... something which you have not anticipated!!

Shower your love here plss💙