Blubaten Brawls

Nick's P.O.V

Hank:"What do we got Wu?"
Wu:"Two dead victims with what seems to be wild animal claw marks along their chest and abdomen. But here's the thing I can't figure out, not even two feet away are boot prints. Now explain that one to me?"
Me:"That's odd but let us check it out and we'll fill you in."
Wu:"Okay let me know, wait how's Sylas doing?"
Me:"You heard about it? She's still not awake and the doctors have no idea what caused her to pass out like that."
Wu:"Interesting, let me know if there's any changes I'll bring her donuts."

I softly chuckled then nodded,

Me:"Thanks Wu, Sy would probably be excited about that."
Wu:"She would have made a great cop."

Wu walked away causing Hank and I to look at each other then laugh,

Hank:"Nah, not Sy."
Me:"That's for sure but there's something I didn't tell you about our dinner that led to Sy passing out and being in a coma."
Hank:"What?"

I motioned him to follow me over to the victims to examine them but to be out of earshot, I looked around then lowered my voice as Hank and I squatted down for a closer look,

Me:"Captain proposed to Sy last night."
Hank:"Is he out of his damn mind?"
Me:"Hush, but I'm not sure I looked for any sign of him being Royal Blood and I got nothing, not to mention I didn't see the proposal coming nor was I happy about it."
Hank:"What did Sylas say?"
Me:"Unfortunately Sean couldn't get an answer but she got a 'y' out before dropping to the floor so I'm assuming she was going to say yes but couldn't get the word out."
Hank:"Hold up, so Sylas was going to say yes? How does that come into play with our plan?"
Me:"Not sure yet but after here we need to stop by Monroe's to break this news to him and Rosalee."
Hank:"Oh boy...just how I want to start my morning."
Me:"I don't know why your complaining, you didn't have to witness last night I just want to forget about it but unfortunately I can't."

~~~~

Rosalee:"What!"
Monroe:"Whoa man.. that's unsettling news is she okay?"
Me:"Nobody knows for sure or not but as far as I know she's still in a coma."
Rosalee:"That's insane, have you seen your captain at all afterwards?"
Hank:"Good question, he hasn't shown up for work today. Think we should swing by his apartment?"
Me:"Might be a good idea."
Monroe:"We're coming with you."
Hank:"Alright let's go."

~~~~

Hank:"Nick... door is wide open."
Me:"You two stay here."

I caught up to Hank as we both stepped into the apartment slowly,

Me:"Captain Renard? It's Nick and Hank, are you here?"
Hank:"Captain Renard?"

I started down the hallway to push the bedroom door open seeing everything was tossed around with no sign of our Captain.

Hank:"Got blood!"

I rushed back down the hall to find Hank standing near the kitchen, I got closer to see one puddle of blood.

Hank:"Who's blood and where is Renard?"
Me:"I don't know.

Footsteps approached from behind us causing Hank and I to swing around aiming our guns, Monroe held his hands up while Rosalee looked surprised.

Me:"Sorry, I told you guys to wait out there."
Monroe:"Good thing we didn't listen, you missed claw marks on the door frame to the front door and is that blood?"
Hank:"It is nor do we know who's it is and what claw marks?"
Rosalee:"I'll show you."

Hank followed Rosalee while Monroe stepped closer to me then shook his head since he was starting to Vogel,

Me:"Got something?"
Monroe:"Yes four scents and-"